Need help with Load Order

Darnexx

I'm using MO since a while now and my Game keeps on crashing randomly..

I know that FNIS XXL can cause some more crashes, but I barly can play the game.. :/

Maybe someone can help me with my load order/esp order.

Or maybe you guys know about incompatibility between Mods.

Your mod list (load order priorities) are not sorted out. Most resources (scripts, meshes, textures etc.) are packed in BSA files. Some of them are distributed as loose files.

In NMM and Workshop:
- Position for Elder Scrolls Master or Elder Scrolls Plugin file in the load order loads BSA resources based on this order. Example.esp will load resources from Example.bsa.

In MO:
- Load order and resource priorities are managed separately. Right panel manages the load order. Left panel manages resource priorities, based on the order you have set them. This is presented in mod list you have posted.

You will need to sort out the left panel to match the right panel, when needed and possible. Sort the left panel according to main ESM or ESP files in your right hand panel. Load order usually handles patches from same mod folders. Otherwise they are usually shared as separate archives.

This is the tedious part of MO, but also it's strength. You will need to watch over mods with loose files in NMM, so that you do not accidentally overwrite resources you were not supposed to overwrite. This may happen during mod update or installing a new mod. This is not needed in MO, because you can manually move mod folders up and down, if you made a mistake. Most popular Skyrim mods are more or less established, so running LOOT rarely changes the load order radically.

Speaking of LOOT, are you using it? I noticed few oddities. MO's own sorting tools are quite badly out of date. Either you misplaced few files, or you didn't run LOOT through Mod Organizer. I would recommend doing so. You can add LOOT to your MO application from application dropdown list <Edit...> button, if you have not already done so.

About files instead: sadly I can not recommend using UFO anymore. It old and has caused several issues with more up to date mods. I would recommend moving in to either Immersive Amazing Follower Tweaks or Extensible Follower Framework. They are both more up to date than UFO is.

Your mod list (load order priorities) are not sorted out. Most resources (scripts, meshes, textures etc.) are packed in BSA files. Some of them are distributed as loose files.

In NMM and Workshop:

- Position for Elder Scrolls Master or Elder Scrolls Plugin file in the load order loads BSA resources based on this order. Example.esp will load resources from Example.bsa.

In MO:

- Load order and resource priorities are managed separately. Right panel manages the load order. Left panel manages resource priorities, based on the order you have set them. This is presented in mod list you have posted.

You will need to sort out the left panel to match the right panel, when needed and possible. Sort the left panel according to main ESM or ESP files in your right hand panel. Load order usually handles patches from same mod folders. Otherwise they are usually shared as separate archives.

This is the tedious part of MO, but also it's strength. You will need to watch over mods with loose files in NMM, so that you do not accidentally overwrite resources you were not supposed to overwrite. This may happen during mod update or installing a new mod. This is not needed in MO, because you can manually move mod folders up and down, if you made a mistake. Most popular Skyrim mods are more or less established, so running LOOT rarely changes the load order radically.

Speaking of LOOT, are you using it? I noticed few oddities. MO's own sorting tools are quite badly out of date. Either you misplaced few files, or you didn't run LOOT through Mod Organizer. I would recommend doing so. You can add LOOT to your MO application from application dropdown list <Edit...> button, if you have not already done so.

About files instead: sadly I can not recommend using UFO anymore. It old and has caused several issues with more up to date mods. I would recommend moving in to either Immersive Amazing Follower Tweaks or Extensible Follower Framework. They are both more up to date than UFO is.

First of all, thanks, I will check on the other Follower Mod and things you said.

People told me that LOOT isn't perfect, so I did sort eps more or least myself. :o

Also, is it importan to only have BSA or Loose files? Or can I stay mixing them? I dunno what's better for MO.

Edited by Darnexx

People told me that LOOT isn't perfect, so I did sort eps more or least myself. :o

Also, is it importan to only have BSA or Loose files? Or can I stay mixing them? I dunno what's better for MO.

There is nothing wrong in LOOT as such. Problem is that sometimes mod authors have to port seemingly irrelevant records with their mods. LOOT can not possibly know the order player would prefer records in the game, so the order might be "wrong" from player point of view.

LOOT also has trouble to sort out some dynamic files. It is important to see what download pages say about such files, because LOOT may indeed sort them according to data used by tools to create these files, instead of setting them to win conflicts as mod author meant them to do. That is a bit of an issue, but exceptions are easy to remember. LOOT team also updates the master list every now and again, to cut down the number of exceptions.

From mod users part the question between BSAs and loose files is irrelevant. MO installs each mod in to isolated folder and order is managed from the left panel. You do not need to worry about loose files vs. BSAs, unless you are intentionally trying to edit the content in the mod folder. :thumbsup:

So, I did sort my Modlist and ESP list. Switched from UFO to EFF. Seems to work now! :)

Only problem is, that my Follower can hurt me, don't find a way to switch that off in EFF.. :o

But I#m glad! I hope my game will keep on working, thanks you man. Really. :)