Npc Forcegreeting?

soulslayerzx

In my scenario, I would like a npc to say something while you walk past him and then you can talk to him, but i want the forcegreet to be triggered only after a certain dialogue? Is that possible?

Also, how do you do forcegreets? What section is needed to make it forcegreet? I set the subtype to forcegreet and it's still the same.. Do I have to make some code or insert of package? I studed the Alk'rs dud who ask you to find a redguard woman's quest, well i found the quest id and then looked at it. It's "MS08' in case anyone wants to help me take a look at it? How do I make an npc forcegreet?

And my npc is still kinda trippy. When I talk to it, he already has all the choices up and I don't want to make them available till you talk to him further. Like, you choose an option which leads to another one, but mine has the first one as: help me?, which leads to yes/no and yes/no each lead to a seperate sentence. The text in the box is working fine, but it just speeds through and I don't heard the voice file. I have an identical copy of the wav file in my skyrim>data>sound>mod.esp>voice>personscustomvoicename except it is .xwm which should be the right file. Then, my theory as to why it speaks so fast is because it doesnt have the right .lip file. What I did was get my voice actors to send me their lines in .wav. I converted them in vegas to the proper wav format and then after recording some coughs/eheehms in the recording thing and saved it, it automatically generates a .lip file along with a .wav. So I replaced the coughs/eheehhem files with my real .wavs with the real lines i want the npc to say, and then deleted all the .lip files and regenerated each of the .lip files again by going to every single line, selecting the sound which sohludnt be necessary cuz thats the one it's using, if i double click it, it plays the sound, if i hit preview it plays nothing, so then I hit from wav and hit generate lip or something like that. So then in my directory they appear after like half a second which is good, but when I go back in game, it still speeds through all the lines without the voice file. Do I have to place my npc again? Cuz I have him already placed. My theory now is to delete him in the render window in Tamriel and then place him in the render window again from actors in the object window. He's a custom npc by the way and he's using his custom voice that's why it generates in that folder.

Yes I Don't see how it would not be possible with my experience with scripting its possible to set it after a certain event you could most likely create a scene when entering the room where he would say his line and then you can set a script so you can then talk with him.

a tutorial for making scenes or go to the bethesda area and veiw what they say.