Why do my husbands keep disappearing?

Qessanea

Hello people-who-might-be-able-to-help-me,

I've married twice in Skyrim, once as a female wood elf who married Revyn Sadri and once as a female Breton who married Marcurio. Both times, the husbands said their vows then walked out before we'd been declared married, before I had a chance to talk to them. Afterwards I've not been able to find them. The wiki says that you should be able to talk to them right after the wedding to decide where you're going to live, but I'm not sure how one is meant to do that if they walk out while the wedding is still going on. Can someone please help? My characters are reasonably attractive and fairly nice people, so this should not be happening to them on their wedding days :facepalm: .

Regards,

Qessanea

Yeah, technically you can speak to your spouse after the wedding, but it requires dashing away from the altar before the priest is done his speech. The problem is that as soon as the last line of the "wedding event" dialogue is played, the game considers the event complete, and your spouse's usual AI packages kick in. So, yes, they're headed back to their original city. It might take them several days to arrive, though, as they literally walk (not run) the whole way.

I did read that you need to speak to them before they get out of the door of the chapel unless that bug was fixed , nit sure as I only did the marriage thing once for the achievement very early on :)

You may want to give this link a try as they cover most of the common bugs

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Skyrim