Deads mans respite Svankir will not open sealed door help

rabidNode

I am inside Dead Man's respite and am sitting at the sealed door with the ghost bard and he is not opening the door. I have tried it with the bards college quest and without it. I have reloaded the dungeon and redone it 5 times and still he sticks at the door.

Anyone have a solution?

IS there a method to find out what stage a npc is at and perhaps push him into another stage?

hi rabidnode, not sure exactly where you're at with the buggy unfixed Bard's quest 'Tending the Flames' to retrieve King Olaf's Verse.

(some setstage codes here: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Tending_the_Flames)

If you were sent/cleared Dead Men's Respite and picked up King Olaf's Verse before joining the Bard's College this quest/gate may be broken sorry.

Dead Man's Respite is scripted to raise the gate allowing you to follow the ghost after a couple draugr's reanimate/attack.

Have you previously picked up the Ruby Dragon Claw from the table? (don't be in a sneak hide position when picking it up).

Try standing on the claw's pressure plate and cast Ice Storm then step off (PS3 fix).

Have not seen a specific stage code(s) for opening that gate using console 'setstage MS05 <stage#>',

guessing the stage # might be between 75-90, just a guess.

Hey, you might try finding a location code for the location beyond the gate and teleport, i have not heard of anyone trying this.

fyi, i'm on my second Skyrim playthru due to broken quests and savegame bloat.

Unfortunately, being careful not to enter/clear anything before checking for info on dependent quests for a specific location or quest item.

Entering wordwall locations given by Greybeards/Blades, Companion/Jarl quests has also previously broken game progression.

Ignoring Lydia saying “Hey, look, a cave. I wonder what's inside?”; or, “Is that one of the old ruins?” lol.

Gonna complete main/radiant quests before 'exploring the Skyrim world'. just say'n.. anyway, hope you figure it out.

Edited by xlcr