Textures not loading?

Newerabs

I got back into Skyrim after a few years and I've been installing and uninstalling some texture mods. I finally found the ones I like

NobleSkyrim (SE patch)

Real Mountains

Book of Silence

HQ Snow

I'm also using Rudy ENB. Everything looked fine but now a lot of the textures look really blurry almost like they aren't loaded all the way. It's not all of the textures, the food, books, weapons look fine. It's the environment stuff that looks really bad. The roads seem to be fine though. It's really weird and I thought I'd reach out to find out if anyone else has heard of this or has any ideas for what I can do to fix?

The first thing with texture problems is to ask what your VRAM is, and if you've had any other VRAM-related issues like lagging, stuttering, and FPS drops. Noble Skyrim has a performance version; have you tried using that? Depending on your setup (that is, mainly your monitor and resolution), you won't be able to noticed an appreciable difference in many of the textures.

Does anything change if you disable the ENB?

Another cause may be LOD not switching off when textures are in close range.

https://youtu.be/NGT_m8SSggA?t=12m27s

In the video, GamerPoets says that if Object Fade is not at max setting, that it may sometimes prevent the LOD from turning off at closer distance.

The first thing with texture problems is to ask what your VRAM is, and if you've had any other VRAM-related issues like lagging, stuttering, and FPS drops. Noble Skyrim has a performance version; have you tried using that? Depending on your setup (that is, mainly your monitor and resolution), you won't be able to noticed an appreciable difference in many of the textures.

Does anything change if you disable the ENB?

Another cause may be LOD not switching off when textures are in close range.

https://youtu.be/NGT_m8SSggA?t=12m27s

In the video, GamerPoets says that if Object Fade is not at max setting, that it may sometimes prevent the LOD from turning off at closer distance.

My VRAM is 16GB and I'm running a GTX 1070.

What you described with the LOD sounds exactly like my issue. The textures are really bad when you get up close to them and it's not all the textures. The thing is that my slider on Object fade IS set all the way to the right. Maybe I need to set it all the way off?

• 1 year later...