Skyrim CTD

BlazedChillist

All right, so I've tried just about everything I can think of to solve this problem, and every post I've come across seems to be similar but the solution just doesn't work for me. Let me start off by saying I've been modding Skyrim for about 2 years now, but I still don't know half of what I should. I just install fun mods and try to enjoy myself.

My problems started arising when I tried to load into my save from the title screen, then the whole thing crashed. I tried a few more times and it kept repeating. After scrolling through countless forums I started a new save and tried to load in my game from there, which worked; that is until that began to cause CTDs. I can load the game, but it seems that it always crashes right before it loads me in. When I saved my new game as a level 1, it loaded from the title screen just fine. Earlier I was attempting to load my level 59 once more and it loaded for a split second and then crashed. I've run out of not only ideas, but options as well. Like I said, I know little to nothing about the in-depth world of modding. Whatever information is required to solve this problem, I'd be happy to provide. Thank you for reading and I will be extremely grateful if a solution can be found!

Is it possibly being caused by a hardware fault ? I had a problem similar but when I uninstalled some hardware heavy mods It stopped Ctd.

Hardware heavy mods? What do you mean?

Mods that maybe re-texture the whole game and take a lot to process. High quality lighting mods etc.

Is it possibly being caused by a hardware fault ? I had a problem similar but when I uninstalled some hardware heavy mods It stopped Ctd.

Hardware heavy mods? What do you mean?

Mods that maybe re-texture the whole game and take a lot to process. High quality lighting mods etc.

Well, the only major retexture pack I have is the one on steam, the one that doubles as free DLC. You don't think that could be doing it, do you?