ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

How is Blender 2.78 working for Nif?

SiniVII

So I may have made a mistake...

I wanted to play around with blender, alter some meshes for a couple New Vegas armors, 7 hours later I am halfway done and have just about gotten semi-comfortable with the UI layout and the basic tools.

Then I read somewhere that people really recommend Blender 2.49 for editing Nif files, supposedly has more support for nif export/Importing. You can get Nif scripts for 2.78 as well, I did, but I also have no idea of the difference it makes as I started with Blender 7 hours ago. Is this going to be a big problem if I want to make models for the older games...?

I am terrible sleep deprived right now, can barely hold a coherent thought. Gonna have me a little rest I think...

Best dishes are done in old pots!

Blender 2.49 as proposed here has everything needed for moddding FO3 & FNV.

it is really the tool of choice. Many modding tutorials are based on that versions too.

Some people manage to run Nif scripts with 2.78 as well but never as smooth as with old version and with no guarantee.

Newer nif scripts are/will be directed towards newer game (Skyrim, FO4)

Note that you can have both versions installed.

What can be done, in your case, is to install the 2.49 version, export your work from 2.78 in .obj format, reload it in 2.49 and export to nif from there.