Best Tutorial Available.

Hello, all. This is my first time posting on a Nexus forum in almost a decade. Anyway, I've been playing Oblivion again lately and I figured I'd finally get into modding. My only problem right now is that I can't seem to find a really good tutorial to start with. The youtube tuts are terrible and I can't seem to find a good text-based tutorial, so I decided to go to people who've already gone through the learning process for help. So, where do I start?

Any video tutorials I've seen on things I already know seem reasonable.
If I don't know the process then yes, I want a written one as it will probably take me 2-10% of the time of a video - it's just the way I learn.

Here's the main page to the TES Construction Set WIKI.

On the Nexus Oblivion mod Categories page is Modders Resources & Tutorials which means you are stuck having to search 30+ pages.

The TES Alliance ESIV Oblivion Modding is another good source.

A problem I've found is where the tutor kindly tries to help us get on with our immediate project with something like...
"Take your armour and give the material a setting that you think."
...and at the end of the tutorial we can not really know what we did wrong.
I'm not saying it is a wrong approach but that it should be supported by additional material...

I was strictly taught "Known steps for known outcomes".
Use an introduction then straight into a hands on exercise. All steps should be step by step, exact and fully repeatable. Stages and/or end product downloadable where possible. No Holes.

....which can be easier said than done...

The fact is that anybody fluent in a process is prone to leaving holes in a tutorial.

I've often found a need to use several different tutorials for the same subject. This not only bridges gaps but can accelerate the learning curve - something I swore to myself that I'd never forget for Oblivion modding.

I'll say to you, same as anyone reading this post.
If you're stuck and/or see a need for 'yet another tutorial', written of course, then please feel free to message me - it will email me and I will reply as soon as I can.
It may just be a case of helping you find a suitable tutorial or better key words to post on.
There's a lot I still want to learn myself so if I can't help you then nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Thanks a lot, glowplug. I already got started on the TES Alliance tuts yesterday, but the other resources you linked to look very useful. I've bookmarked them and I'll certainly refer to them if I get stuck on anything. Thanks a ton.