Skyrim SE Mods and Update Question

JaelDwn

I know there are simular questions to this one all over the web, but not any answer my question exactly.

I have just started playing Skyrim SE again after taking a few months off. I have the exact mods that I want for my game, and have finally tweaked everything and got my LO just , and everything works great. My fear is that now that I am getting into playing the games with minimal bugs that an update for Skyrim is going to come along and mess up my games/mods. I have already set my mods not to update as I was having problems with LO issues when they updated. Because of this I have had to start my game over too many times. I just want to play through with the mods that I have and settings the game is at right now. How do you all deal with this when Steam forces updates when you start up? I already know there is not a way to prevent Steam from updating, my question is simply how do you deal with game/mod updates without having to rebuild everything and re-roll your game after every update?

well , for Skyrim , I wouldn't suppose a game update will be your problem

as for mods , it really depends on which mods you use , and how do you manage them

personally , I use Mod Organizer , and I only update mods if I think it's required or if I can handle all issues that may stem from said update

the best thing to do is just build your game with whatever mods you want to use , and don't touch it at all , unless absolutely necessary

if you have to update a mod , be sure you know what you are doing , and make sure to rebuild whatever is needed (so merged\bashed patches and such)

to clarify , game updates can cause problems , and have done so in the past

the reason you shouldn't worry about this too much , is that we shouldn't expect any updates for Skyrim , original or SE versions

however , in case an update does come up , some mods may require updating , in order to function properly with the new update

this is usually a problem with games that are still being maintained , or games still within their DLC plan lifetime , but this shouldn't happen with Skyrim any more