Two Handed Longsword Mod

Manus812

How would one make a Longsword (that sheaths at the hip) but when drawn, it is two handed? I'm sure it can be done somehow, I tried out that mod that lets you sheath 1Handers on your back and 2Handers on your hip, so something like this can be done, i just dont know how. I have a janky way of acomplishing this from my abandoned/put-on-hold Grip Changer mod that I was developing a few eyars back, but using it in game tis rather slow. So instead im thinking of instead making some two handed weapons (but in this case using Longswords) but they sheath at the hip like vanilla Longswords. Any ideas how this can be done?

TL;DR - is there a way to make Longswords sheath at the hip in their scabbards, yet they are used in two hands like real Longswords?

EDIT: Or how can I convert a Longsword to a two handed weapon properly, as in the sheath will be on your back, so I can just use the Sheath Swap mod

Edited by Manus812

Using the Construction Set we can change the Type property of a weapon to

• BladeOneHand
  • BladeTwoHand
  • BluntOneHand
  • BluntTwoHand
  • Bow
  • Staff

In NifSkope we can use either SideWeapon or BackWeapon for the NiStringExtraData - you're using Swap Sheath, of course.

So I have to change the weapon models in NifSkope? Thanks, I'll try it. Because I know how to change the weapon type in the Construction Set, but the models are messed up. I didn't know hoe to edit the models themselves. I

Edited by Manus812