ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Sounds, Music Issues

SenneD

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help explaining how to add new sounds and music to skyrim using the creation kit. Ive already tried a lot of things but none seem to work.

The way i think it works is:

1) You create your sound and convert/dave it to ".wav" file format.

2) Make a new folder in the data folder, name it Sound (or Music for music), create a new folder in this folder and name it anything you like.

3) In the creation kit, under Audio you select Sound Descriptor, right click and select "new".

4) You name it something and add the sound file you want.

5) Next you go to Sound Marker and alse create a new one, let it point to your newly created Sound Descriptor and all should be well....

The above only worked for me once, using a voice record wich i converted online to ".wav" .

Since then i ' ve tried to add others, this time ".mp3" file converted trough audacity or generally ".wav" files BUT it doesn't work!!!

Worst case scenario, when i test the game crashes to desktop.

When trying to play the sound file in CK it says "Unable to open audio file ".

Can someone please help me and tell me what it is i do wrong??

Thnx !

Senne

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help explaining how to add new sounds and music to skyrim using the creation kit. Ive already tried a lot of things but none seem to work.

2) Make a new folder in the data folder, name it Sound (or Music for music), create a new folder in this folder and name it anything you like.

3) In the creation kit, under Audio you select Sound Descriptor, right click and select "new".

5) Next you go to Sound Marker and alse create a new one, let it point to your newly created Sound Descriptor and all should be well....

The above only worked for me once, using a voice record wich i converted online to ".wav" .

Since then i ' ve tried to add others, this time ".mp3" file converted trough audacity or generally ".wav" files BUT it doesn't work!!!

Thnx !

Senne

Which version of audacity are you using? and what version of windows are you using? If you're using a 64-bit version of windows, I recommend you use the Audacity BETA.

Don't convert FROM .mp3 to .wav. You get the best sound quality if you use an uncompressed format from the beggining. THe only point where you should be compressing sound files is when you actually to integrate them into your mod. During the recording and production stages (for sound I mean), always stick with .wav.

What settings are you exporting your .wav files to?

Hi,

Thnx !

Senne

Which version of audacity are you using? and what version of windows are you using? If you're using a 64-bit version of windows, I recommend you use the Audacity BETA.

Don't convert FROM .mp3 to .wav. You get the best sound quality if you use an uncompressed format from the beggining. The only point where you should be compressing sound files is when you actually to integrate them into your mod. During the recording and production stages (for sound I mean), always stick with .wav.

What settings are you exporting your .wav files to?