Custom sound file problems

Noxman

Hi there,

I'm trying to add a custom sound file, after trying various things I looked at the readme for Cliffworms excellent Sounds of Skyrim mod.

I used the settings he recommends there (convert mp3 to wav uncompressed 16bit stereo, 44100hz) but I get an error when pressing 'play' after adding my

file as a new sound descriptor:

Assertion

Assert

File:

C:\_Skyrim\Code\TESV\BSResource\BSResourceLooseFiles.cpp

Line: 767

Bad buffer passed to Read

I have absolutely no idea what this means, I get the options to abort, retry and cancel. Upon aborting the CK crashes.

Any help anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nox

• 4 weeks later...

Having the exact same error message, cannot find anything other than this post on google (literally the only result is this). I have other mods which have sound and have worked perfect using the same method I used to create the sound I use when I get this error so I am doubting it is to do with the sound file.

Edit: did a few tests with other files, it is to do with the files, I will let you know if I figure it out.

Edit2: Out of curiosity, what program do you use?

Edit3: I figured it out, sort of, I was trying to use a file which is around 3 minutes long, reduced it to 5 seconds to see if it worked being shorter and it did so it has to do with the files length being too long, possibly to do with the file size too.

Edited by durge13