Really need help! I give up on myself in this 1!

kamalocozz

Ok. This is about chantry board and irregular at the Redcliffe. I don't know this is bug or what.

1st of all after i talk to Ser Perth that I'm ready to defend the village theres no cutscene/movie that show the corpses army out from the castle. Instead I just skip it and start in front of windmill to start defending. I've play this game before long time ago so i know what will happen. The only difference here is I play a new 1 and buy a new DAO cd because I lost last CD. So back to the game after skipping the cutscene/movie i encounter something weird. I've use oil in the store to defend the village because the quest didn't update if i say it was bad idea. Evryone(Knights,Dwyn, Ser Perth) just standing there doing nothing but in battle stance. Ser Perth didn't spoke anything or giving the war speech. The undying corpse didn't make any move and just standing at top of the hill. There also no any green smoke at top of the hill where the corpse army should spawn. And more weird is the militia who suppose to call for my help to come down to defend the chantry already standing at the hill together with the knights. At first I ignore it and just attack the corpse army at the hill top myself. After a few moment fighting those corpse the cutscene militia asking for my help appear. Then as usual i go downhill defending chantry leaving the knights to defend tophill. I've got no problem of corpse stuck somewhere in the village as some players claim. All goes well as it suppose and Ive done defending the village.

After the battle over I just left the village and back to the camp because I know if I don't do that the chantry board and irregular wont appear. Then i come back to the village and it seem it doesn't appear yet. So I go inside the chantry and come back. The result still the same. So I decide to do the saving arl quest first. After done the castle quest and get the mage to help save Connor i come back to the village. Still the chantry and irregular not appear. What the hell going on? Then i decide to start over new game without any mod. Just a plain original game in case my mod messing the game. But still the result is same. So i google about this and do the research myself. I found some say the tech said the player need to start over because something wrong with the auto save. Said that autosave save the game at the wrong time. So I do that 8x already now but still the result is the same! This never happen before when i play the game 2years ago. So i decide to reg to this forum and ask help from u all. Please. I just want a really smooth game. Im tired of reinstalling, replaying, remodding and everything that make me wanna hate this game. So help me here please so this not going to be my spoiler to be Grey Warden again.

Edited by kamalocozz

There is definitely a mod conflict. I found it was one of the modular game changing mods. You'll have to put the mods on one-by-one- to ascertain which one is conflicting for you.

For me it was the Advanced Tactics and Quickbar mods together with Improved Atmospheres. They hated each other lol.

Let me know how you get on.

But I already try remove all mods and updater stuff but the result still same.

Zzz...u want hear something funny? I got those mod. Advanced tactic, Quickbar and Improved Atmosphere. So I need to choose between 3 of those or its okay if I pick Advanced Tactic@Quickbar+Improved Atmosphere? Bcoz as far as I know Advanced Tactics and Advanced Quickbar is from same modder; Anakin.

Here's my mods list if that would help u find my answer. Meanwhile I'll try do what u say. I try not using Advanced Tactic & Quickbar. Btw thx for your time. Appreciate it...

FROM DRAGON AGE NEXUS

JB3textures by reative24

Improved Atmosphere by SpaceAlex

Dragon Age Redesigned by Dracomies

Grey Wardens, Armored Ogres, Templars, Chantry, Lothering Hawke & Mages of Ferelden by TommyIrianto

Advanced Tactics by Anakin

Advanced Quickbar by Anakin

Natural Bodies by NewByPower

Realistic look by adriangi

Better Sex Cutscenes - WIP by Luchaire

More Hairstyles by kzelsama

No Helmet Hack 1_6 by Yonline2

Character Respecialization by Peter Kovacs

Lock Bash by xatmos

Extra Dog Slot by Dheuster

Skip the Fade by hdhd

Pineappletree s Vibrant Colors by Pineappletree

Detailed Tooltips by Bibdy

DLC Merchandise by JOG

Dragon Age Mutator 014 by TheMutator

Lelianas True Sacred Ashes Armor by Raughnut - Aranox

Beautiful People Hair REN by glee

Forced Deathblows by MachDelta

Combat Tweaks v323 by Dennis Lee

Kirkwall Exports by Amycus

Armor of the Black Fox by nezroy

Warden Shields by nezroy

Dialogue Tweaks by Avaraen

Morrigan Restoration Patch Dialog Fixpack by Terra_Ex

More options at the Pearl by Firinneach

Madd Gift Guide by MaddBomber83

CGI Leliana Face Morph Sacred Ashes Trailer by fallingangel89

Lelianas Song Items by DarthReavus

Warden Armour Textures by untamedfuture

AT Malcolm Grey Warden of Sacred Ashes and Warden Calling by AzureTenkai

DA2 Isabela and Flemeth to DAO by hsli

Flemeth Robe by hsli amycus and kronaras

morrigan sacred ashes trailer robes by Raughnut

Last Night with Morrigan by danscott84

Black Hair Is Black by Midnight Voyager

Combat Delay Reduction DAO and DAA by LemmingoftheGDA and Offkorn

Origins Faster Combat by Dragonagefun

Improved Light Armor by SpaceOden

No Starting Abilities by jwvanderbeck

ZevRing by Charsen

FROM BIOWARE PROJECT

ring of ancient gods

Dog Gift Tweaks

+Healing Received Fix

Clothed Prisoners

Mabari Wares

Magissia's blood ring

Shapeshifter Vanilla Fix

Two Specializations Sten

Item Sets Fix

Bag Of Holding

Display Set Item Bonuses

Item: Andraste's Locket (Pendant) Now Available!

Wagon Fix

Ring of Ancients, includes 6 rings to plus all attributes.

Normandy Map HD

coordinated Ferelden architecture

less gaudy tints

Quartermaster Tolby (Better Storage)

unique light armours

mesh lightmap fixes

mabari update

Item: DragonScar Bane (Ring) Now Available!

Cach's Item Pack

neutral teeth

dalish light armour

elf update

Gear Racks

apostate clothing

No Kill Steal

DA gore adjustment

Item: Ring of the Maker (Now available!)

qunari update

dwarf female proportions fix

elf female proportions fix

Alistair dialog patch

Stamina Potion Recipe Mod

human female proportions fix

tucked hair

The Icons Project

In my experience, with "Improved Atmosphere" once things get messed-up, there's no fixing them. Even removing all mods does not reset the game to a playable state. :blink: :pinch:

It just doesn't work well with other mods, and doesn't like being removed either. :rolleyes:

I gave up on the playthrough I had with IA and started a fresh one after uninstalling it. :confused:

From the description of the problem I was sure that I would find "Nude Variety 4" on your list of mods. I have the same situation at Redcliff after I installed NV4. Much about DAO and mods is choice and tradeoff it would seem.

The authors of some mods, "Quests and Legends" is a prime example, take great care not to modify core files...... some don't.

I cannot fathom the reason that an armour mod (and NV4 is such a one) would cause conflict in a game area such as Redcliff.... but then I know very little about programming.

Hope you get it sorted.

YES! Maker bless me! I now know the prob!

It was Item Sets Fix by didymos1120(plug: http://social.bioware.com/project/1907/)!!

After I disable this mods(not uninstall), all just go well. The movie, the cutscene with 1 exception though...Ser Perth didn't give war speech! Nevertheless its good I solve this. Anyhow in my opinion this mods is crucial bcoz it fixs item set.

I hate to ask this but guys...I need your help again in solving this mods. It said in the mods desc that it something odd happen in Redcliffe and something bout event manager. I read it many time but still i cant figure it out what was it all about. Beside I nvr heard bout this event manager till today. So any volunteer wanna explain me as simplest as it can so that i can learn it in good time.

Anyways thank guys bcoz trying helping me here. Really appriciate it. As reward i grant kudos to evry1 here and them who coming to help later. It least i can do anyway. :blush:

Hail!

"event manager" is the program within the game that keeps track of plot-flags, quest progress, key inventory items, etc., and triggers specific new events to occur. Obviously the problem you had is with just such a conflict between mods.

Glad you got things working again. :thumbsup: