ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Spell creation help

granreycero

Right, so I decided to create a spell mod.

Yesterday night, I created an adept "flames" spell with a little bit of an extra effect so it wouldn't just be the same damn thing except stronger. (That said, for some reason the game displays it as an expert spell. Yes, I gave it the adept perk. help?)

Today, I continued my work (it was rather late last night) and decided to go for an expert "sparks" spell. However, I wanted it to be different. As in, use the Lightning Storm animation and range. So I created it, and went to test it out in game.

It ignores my "either hand" specification and does the master spell charging animation. It will combine with the spell in my other hand as long as there is a spell in the other hand. Doesn't matter what it is. If you have Midas force blast, they'll combine and turn it into a lightning force blast. Midas Haste combines, uses the firestorm completed charge animation while you're wreathed in lightning, and then slams down for the haste effect. No lightning. It also varies by which hand you click. If you have one spell in one hand and my created spell in the other, there will be a different result depending on which mouse button you click. Sometimes, it doesn't even do the animation and just stops. No effect.

The only way the spell works as intended is if I have either a weapon or nothing in the other hand.

AND WORST OF ALL, THE CORRECT LIGHTNING STORM ANIMATION IS USED IN NONE OF THESE CASES. Its always regular sparks.

http://www.androidguys.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Rage1.png

Can someone please help?

Oh, thats maddening.

K, I figured out why the spell wouldn't use the correct animation. It was the Wall of Storms effect that I was trying to add. Apparently that animation overrides the Lightning storm animation f***ing great. Stupid ass creation kit. Can someone help me figure this out?

I also still need help with the rest.

I'm going to try adding LS last. Maybe the order will fix it.

NOPE.

f***ing broken ass spell. Y U NO GIVE ME EFFECT. I ONLY WANT EFFECT.

Edited by granreycero