ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

tha bad thing in every faction

Kurosu93

well its good to become the lead of each of the 4 factions (companions,college,thieves guild,dark brotherhood)but then its like u know what will happen..for example : u go in dark brotherhood,hey welcome we have no listener ( yeah no1 suspected the dragonborn will become the listener).companions : here is our leader kolag ( if i remember right).you KNOW u will become the leader of the companions so you KNOW this guy will die.same as the arch mage in the college and mercer in thieves guild.at least in next game they should reconsider it and we can become like the second in command or something,knowing u will become the leader has 2 many spoilers even when u play for first time and have read nothing in wikis or something

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well its good to become the lead of each of the 4 factions (companions,college,thieves guild,dark brotherhood)but then its like u know what will happen..for example : u go in dark brotherhood,hey welcome we have no listener ( yeah no1 suspected the dragonborn will become the listener).companions : here is our leader kolag ( if i remember right).you KNOW u will become the leader of the companions so you KNOW this guy will die.same as the arch mage in the college and mercer in thieves guild.at least in next game they should reconsider it and we can become like the second in command or something,knowing u will become the leader has 2 many spoilers even when u play for first time and have read nothing in wikis or something

Try fixing your grammar, and this might make some sense.

I can get what he's saying, but you're right--Skyrim is an rpg, we're going to become awesome at everything given enough time.

He is right though, all the faction lines played out exactly the same i.e. join, leader dies, we become new leader, all in very rapid succession. Beth might have tried to use the "leader dies" plot device in, say, half of the guilds, but alas.... Personally, I would appreciate the novelty of promoting us to second in command (the Vice Arch-Mage lol) instead of following the cliche. Think of it: we could actually have a stake in all that snarky gossip that goes on between the various heads of the Magic Schools. If there was a quest to STEAL Collette's research materials (she's always complaining about that), I would be so happy. Ditto for pulling pranks on that sarcastic high elf woman (not the destruction trainer). Or to totally pwn the librarian by stealing by his books! Oh wait... I already do that, hrmm....

Anyway, I say he has a point, strange grammar and all.

I can get what he's saying, but you're right--Skyrim is an rpg, we're going to become awesome at everything given enough time.

He is right though, all the faction lines played out exactly the same i.e. join, leader dies, we become new leader, all in very rapid succession. Beth might have tried to use the "leader dies" plot device in, say, half of the guilds, but alas.... Personally, I would appreciate the novelty of promoting us to second in command (the Vice Arch-Mage lol) instead of following the cliche. Think of it: we could actually have a stake in all that snarky gossip that goes on between the various heads of the Magic Schools. If there was a quest to STEAL Collette's research materials (she's always complaining about that), I would be so happy. Ditto for pulling pranks on that sarcastic high elf woman (not the destruction trainer). Or to totally pwn the librarian by stealing by his books! Oh wait... I already do that, hrmm....

Anyway, I say he has a point, strange grammar and all.

Now that you point it out, he does have a point. Why not just be kept as a black brotherhood assassin?? Perhaps you are their best asset, so why spoil it with boring leadership?

The College was a wasted opportunity if you ask me. It should have been a place where you could do stuff and actually LEARN about magic and progress. They had it sussed at the start, learning a spell with your fellow pupils, then an hour later I was Arch-Mage... *sigh*

and why only you work in the guild? everyone else are just walking and wasting time

That's the reason you will become guildmaster...

Why every guild master has to die? well, Kolag is too old for work, others companion are just sit and eat all the day around, the guild is dying so therefore they push YOU to Harbinger so that you can keep working for the guild. Same to the thief guild, why Mercer have to steal from the guild, because all the better guild member they are not stealing anymore, sit and eat only. You can only find stupid thief chased by guard in Riften and they always end up dead.

The College was a wasted opportunity if you ask me. It should have been a place where you could do stuff and actually LEARN about magic and progress. They had it sussed at the start, learning a spell with your fellow pupils, then an hour later I was Arch-Mage... *sigh*

I agree. I thought it was about attending lessons and learning about magic, find new spells, etc.. But instead it was that same old questline all over again.

Learning spells --> Saarthal --> Report to teh Arch-Magez, now whatz is this giant ball? --> Get the bookz! --> Wherez the Staff of Magnus? --> Oh noz! Arch-Mage is dead, kill all the anomalies! --> Get the Staff of Magnus! --> Kill the Altmer guy! --> PC is Arch-Mage

My preferred method:

Joined --> Lesson attending (3-5 radiant quests depending on number of PC spells, random spells learned and demonstrated) --> Discover Saarthal --> Report to Arch-Mage --> Delay questline, continue with lessons (same as last time) --> Questline continues until after Good Intentions --> Delay, 2 radiant quests --> Last quests, no Savos Aren, you won't die. --> Become A-M's assistant

(just ideas)

I wish that Beth would just focus a bit more on the factions, I mean seriously, it would whole lot better if they took the time left (I don't know when they completed the 'final version' of the game) from the release to actually improve the factions. Todd wanted to return to the 'Morrowind feel' and they got that right with the exploration but not the factions. Yeah, complaining won't do anything unless Beth looks at our ideas and puts them on for the next ES.

Kurosu, try the Bard's College.

I have no idea what it's for, but You won't become a guildmaster there. Actually, there's only an entry quest, a party and 3 quests from teachers. And that's ALL! Character becomes a bard after the entry quest, but he can't sing or play anything.

Maybe Bethesda made it especially for the people tired of leading the other guildmasters do their death?