Jewel Case and a map?

JanusGU

Hello. I've been looking for ages for a PC version of Morrowind that comes in a standard DVD jewel case -- I think I remember seeing a GoTY edition in stores a few years ago that came in that kind of case -- but the only one I can find is either the European version, or Presented by PC Gamer. The case isn't terribly important, but the version of GoTY I recently bought from Amazon didn't come with the paper map. Is that typical? Is the paper map a collectors-edition only thing?

It's not a huge deal, it'd just be neat to have for the sake of a collection :P

Hmm, that's strange that your GOTY didn't come with the map. I got the original game when it first came out (non collectors), and it had the map. I also got the expansions separately, and they came with their own maps as well.

• 1 month later...
I think I'm a little late to the party, but to answer your question the GotY DVD version seems to have been a Europe-only release, unless one of the "wholesale re-release" versions of the game that I've seen over here (I think the publisher is "Xploder" or something along those lines, with a blue box and Morrowind's logo) was the DVD release repackaged. I do not believe that it came with a paper map either, if I recall, and I know most of the US GotY Editions didn't ship with a map after the initial release (so if you were to find a new copy at Best Buy or something it's not likely to include the map). Unfortunate, but I think that was a way for Bethesda to save a little money since the game wasn't as popular anymore.