[REL] Fore's New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS V1.0

fore

hmmm... so, in your example of "easy" way, you changed the mt_idle.hkx to my_idle.hkx. So I have to change the mt_idle.hkx in defaultmale to my_idle.hkx too?

Try, if it works with different names. After it took me so much time until I found the cause of my problems in the male/female difference, I never dared to make those files different any more.

The difference between 1.0 to 10 does make it look less like 1-10 scale, but I can't think of anything other than a regular scaling.

Did you see any change? The used value of the speed parameters just seem so unrealistic that I didn't think this can have a linear effect of the speed.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaah, nice :thumbsup:

I'll take a look at it as soon as I have time.

I wish there was a tool which would allow you to reimport the hkx files into the Havok Behavior Tool... (or a tool which does the same work?)

Havok really did not plan for modability and Beth just took what they got :facepalm:

fore, just want to report in

I managed to make my dream come true. Now my Fiona can walk like a supermodel while Maven Black-Briar walks like a recent lottery winner

I just want to share a few of my hunch (but they work) about behavior file paths:

1. The behavior files themselves are bound to folder path, not folder names
    So, you can put the 80KiB defaultfemale in actors\character\GoddangYouBehavior\ folder, but it HAS to be in a folder relative to the 1KiB defaultfemale. It can't be in a folder within a folder.

2. The master behavior graph HAS to be named default(fe)male.hkx
    The 80KiB data can be named just about anything (just make sure the name corresponds to the "name" tag) IIRC. But the master behavior graph has to be named "defaultmale.hkx" or "defaultfemale.hkx", or the behavior will break (although the animations will be found). Combined with the limitation above, this severely limits our creativity, but there is also a way, because:

3. The animations themselves can be just about anywhere
    The mt_idle.hkx, for example, can be put in a nested folder 5 levels deep, just be sure to set the correct path

4. But for some reason, folder name can make a difference too
    I fixed my "animations skipped" problem by using the vanilla animations in the vanilla "animations" folder. Relative to my 1KiB defaultfemale.hkx, it's in a child of the parent folder. Like I said, the animation path can be in any level, but for some reason putting them in "Animationa" folder does not work, only the default "animations" work, and it has to be in the default level, my custom "animations" folder can't do it. And yes, I'm still pointing to my hand-copied 0_master.hkx

I understand that this may not help your cause in any way (after all, you're trying to create new animation slots, not to simply replace the animations).

I hope you the best. Thanks for discussing my mod with me =) although it has nothing to do with your mod

I hope you the best. Thanks for discussing my mod with me =) although it has nothing to do with your mod

Thanks for participating here. The more we are in working on behaviors and discussing issues, the more chances we have to get thinds solved. :thumbsup:

Not to be buggin here, but any new ideas / solutions to this? =)

I'm busy with school but try to find some time - and once I do I'd like to try to go thru the code of the hkx files once again... but it would be nice where to start / so that I dont "find" what someone has already torn apart =)

Hi fore. Could you help me with something? I'm trying to have my female character play various idle animations automatically. In the CK in the Idle Animations window under "actors\character\behaviours\0_master.hkx\actionidle\npcidleroot\noncombatidles\idleplayerroot\idleplayer" the player idle is defined. But the behaviour graph of my character's race points to "actors\characters\defaultfemale.hkx" so changing anything under "actors\character\behaviours\0_master.hkx\actionidle\npcidleroot\noncombatidles\idleplayerroot\idleplayer" does nothing. I managed to create a new entry in the Idle Animation window "actors\characters\defaultfemale.hkx" but anim events are completely missing. What do I need to do to add/create anim events for "actors\characters\defaultfemale.hkx" so I can define conditions and hopefully finally have my character play various idles automatically?! Thanks! Edited by Phnx

• 1 month later...

Man so can this be posible:

Duplicate a model a monster, replace his mesh,texture and then u replace his animations----->the result to be something complitly diferent. SAY????????????????

In monster mod none of the creatures where using custom anims...

Edited by MikeDavis

• 3 years later...

So... I replaced an animation that involves a pair, all other steps taken into account, but the characters don't actually do anything. No T-pose or otherwise, but I know that I did the right thing, since replacing any of the other animations was successful. I did run FNIS after replacing the file, by the way.

See, I don't quite understand the kind of genius language that the rest of you people were using, but I can say that I looked into quite a few tutorials, walkthroughs, and blogs in the attempt to decipher what precisely my issue was.

I should also mention that there is no error code of any kind, nor does Skyrim crash. Even the test dummy-chick appears to look me cross-eyed in the face in that mocking way, perhaps as an omen of how stupid I was to get lucky for once in the entirety of ever.

Edited by lordgerethor