An Error Occured is back again?

laomaster

Does no-one even research anymore,

This is old news, Clearly stated that the new Site is slowly being imprinted in and contains a built in something-something (SSL I think) which clashes with HTTPS making the site completely bugged out.

Just run it in HTTP instead and remember to Delete Cookies before using HTTP or you won't be able to log-in or use HTTP

This is old news,

Well, for someone coming to the site it's not clearly listed that they've misconfigured the website and SSL doesn't work properly. For many of us who are just coming to the site or just coming back after months or years away, this thread is one of the easiest and most prominent places to find answers.

Also, if it's old news then why hasn't it been fixed? Other websites aren't having these issues, it's a configuration problem with nexusmods.

This is old news,

Well, for someone coming to the site it's not clearly listed that they've misconfigured the website and SSL doesn't work properly. For many of us who are just coming to the site or just coming back after months or years away, this thread is one of the easiest and most prominent places to find answers.

Also, if it's old news then why hasn't it been fixed? Other websites aren't having these issues, it's a configuration problem with nexusmods.

I understand, In-fact I tried to find the post I was quoting on because it had quiet a lot of replies with an offical reply by Dark0ne (the link will take you to what he said on another post)

also why do you ask 'Why it hasen't been fixed?'

Which should be very clear is what I said

"new Site is slowly being imprinted in"

"Our new site redesign will have SSL enabled by default but the redesign is still many weeks away from launching so unless you want to wait until it's out (weeks), YOU will need to make some changes in your browser for Nexus Mods to work for you"

For Google chrome Users, Delete your cookies and load Nexusmods in HTTP mode

For Firefox users you can just simply delete https:// in the search bar

If I could Pin-post in this Category for a Fix I would.

I understand, In-fact I tried to find the post I was quoting on because it had quiet a lot of replies with an offical reply by Dark0ne (the link will take you to what he said on another post)

Thanks! That's more informative. So they've turned on https without completing the site, as a result a half-broken mess is online and that's what modern browsers (should) default to. It should be fixed in a few weeks. Meanwhile it's recommended you default back to the old protocol. Maybe there should be a banner on the main page for the https site :laugh: