Looksmenu distorted faces

Qvist

Hi there! I recently decided to edit a few of my settlers with Looksmenu.

I followed a tutorial and console-spawned a customizable settler from Nordhagen. Added a few keywords to move her to the right settlement and also to be able to assign her different chores.

Found a great preset on Nexus Mods and I was very happy.

But now every time I load my game her face becomes strangely distorted and I have to load her preset from the Looksmenu over and over.

Anyone know what might cause this?

The other Settler I added (Oberland) looks her preset all the time. No need to fix that.

Might it be that the other preset is old or not installed properly?

How it looks

How it should look

My game is doing the same thing. It seems like it doesn't matter what preset I'm using. Just certain characters (Preston, Piper, Jun Long, Sturges, some NPCs) don't want to work right. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Looksmenu, my presets and started a new game but it did it again. I'd like to know why it happens too.

My game is doing the same thing. It seems like it doesn't matter what preset I'm using. Just certain characters (Preston, Piper, Jun Long, Sturges, some NPCs) don't want to work right. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Looksmenu, my presets and started a new game but it did it again. I'd like to know why it happens too.

Strange, but kinda feels good that I'm not the only one with this problem.

Let's wait and see if someone got an answer!

Can`t answer, but I have a quess based on the info from the "Face ripper mod" that I have found on nexus. The info about known issues :

" Many NPCs have a property (FMIN Facial Morph Intensity) which makes them incompatible with each other or the player, causing some distortion when ripped (Piper is one such NPC). The property can be removed from the NPC, using FO4Edit, making it compatible with the player. Doing so however, may affect how animations are applied, exaggerating facial expressions a bit."

My guess is that property makes those npc incompatible with player presets. Maybe there are also another properties or differences that can make npc incompatible with presets. Though it`s a guess and I can`tbe sure.

Edited by kitcat81

• 4 months later...

Can`t answer, but I have a quess based on the info from the "Face ripper mod" that I have found on nexus. The info about known issues :

" Many NPCs have a property (FMIN Facial Morph Intensity) which makes them incompatible with each other or the player, causing some distortion when ripped (Piper is one such NPC). The property can be removed from the NPC, using FO4Edit, making it compatible with the player. Doing so however, may affect how animations are applied, exaggerating facial expressions a bit."

My guess is that property makes those npc incompatible with player presets. Maybe there are also another properties or differences that can make npc incompatible with presets. Though it`s a guess and I can`tbe sure.

Thanks kitcat81, removing the FMIN Facial Morph Intensity with FO4Edit worked for Piper.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

You can edit them with Slm now without it looking like éléphant man !

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/43770

They still have facial animations but they are not overdoing it like the sims 4

include Piper Wright , Preston Garvey , Lucy Abernathy an more 100 + people

there will be no more exaggerated cartoon smiles, but they will be as you want without deformation !

Edited by MortisVenunum