Suggestions wanted for the best mods, so that I don't overdo it

peppergomez

Depending on what you like (action mods/ quest mods / visual enhancement mods / overhaul mods) there are a few that I consider must haves (not in any particular order):

Not Really Mods, But Needed For Modding:

NMM

FOMM (if you want to do a few more advanced things)

FNVEdit (take the time to learn this, it is exceptionally helpful)

Wrye Flash (a pain to install, but super helpful for making mods work together - use with FNVEdit to fine tune bashed patches)

GECK (still haven't figured this thing out, but I'm trying)

New Creatures and Places that are Good for Shooting at Them:

Monster Mod

IWS - Increased Wasteland Spawns (can be run at the same time as MoMod with a bashed patch and a bit of work in FNVEdit)

Harder Than You (not perfect, but really fun)

Warzones (LOTS of stuff to shoot at)

A World Of Pain - (AN ABSOLUTE MUST HAVE MOD!!)

Angel Park - (by the AWOP modder, fun stuff!)

New Vegas Bounties I & II - (personally, I think II is executed better, but both are worthwhile)

Weapons

WME or WMX - (both are good, WME is designed to work with EVE, and there are patches for WMX & EVE)

Book of Earache - can be tricky to find, but pretty cool - works well with AWOP

-any weapons retex packages by arenovalis are a safe bet for good looking guns. I suspect WMX might come with them built in, but I can't recall off hand

Nordic Firearms - (very nicely done, great weapons to use in game)

CalibrX - needed for lots of weapon mods anyway

Overhaul Mods and other Stuff

Project Nevada - no question the one to go to. Wonderfully done, compatible with lots of stuff.

Requiem For The Capitol Wasteland (RFCW) - if you have a retail copy of Fallout 3, this is pretty amazing. A testament to the skill of the FO modding community

Mod Control Menu (MCM) - nice way to adjust compatible mods through a central menu system

Weapon Mod Menu (WMM) - See what mods go with what weapons, add and remove mods to/from weapons at your convenience. Totally unobtrusive and intuitive. Why was this not part of the original game ?!?

CASM - save manage to avoid the buggy vanilla one.

Luck 38 Suite Reloaded - best player home mod that remains more or less lore friendly I have found

Underground HIdeout NV - super popular mod, well done

As to your current mods, there are few redundancies. PN Rebalance.esm allows you to set when you get perks, so Perk Every Level is not needed. I also suspect that PN and FOOK do much the same things. I would choose only one (PN, actually). If you get AWOP, ditch the Goodsprings Player Home mod as well, since AWOP has at least a few homes you can use - including a good one in Goodsprings.

Edited by Gnubee

• 2 weeks later...

New Creatures and Places that are Good for Shooting at Them:

Monster Mod

IWS - Increased Wasteland Spawns (can be run at the same time as MoMod with a bashed patch and a bit of work in FNVEdit)

Harder Than You (not perfect, but really fun)

Warzones (LOTS of stuff to shoot at)

A World Of Pain - (AN ABSOLUTE MUST HAVE MOD!!)

Angel Park - (by the AWOP modder, fun stuff!)

New Vegas Bounties I & II - (personally, I think II is executed better, but both are worthwhile)

The above will add stuff to do in a game which is more important than eye candy. AWOP adds more stuff than any other mod. Consider it the Emperor Penguin of Mod.

DEIMOS

Psiclones

Dog City Denver

Badlands

These four have the distinction of never having crashed one time for me. They all add new adventures.

Last, don't forget about Willow. Best companion of all.