Troubles with modifying the content of a BA2 textures file

Idaeus413

Hi everyone !

I recently downloaded the Vivid Fallout - All in One mod by Hein84 (may the gods of V-RAM and Textures Loading bless him) but I didn't realize it included his custom PA frame too. Since I wanted to keep another one I already had, I have tried to modify the BA2 file to replace Hein's textures by following some tutos and advice. I did it this way :

1) Extracted all the textures from "Vivid Fallout - All in One - Best Choice - Textures.ba2" as loose files into a new folder

2) Replaced Hein's PA frame textures by the ones I wanted to keep

3) Launched the Creation Kit and loaded "Vivid Fallout - All in One - Best Choice.esp" as an active plugin

4) Created a new archive with the modified loose files from and packed them into a new BA2 named "Vivid Fallout - All in One - Best Choice - Textures"

5) Saved the modifications in the Creation Kit

6) Erased the loose files

It doesn't work however, FO4 doesn't load any custom texture in game while the plugin is active. I am an absolute noob who knew nothing of extracting, repacking, etc. before trying this, so did I miss something during the process ?

Loose files are easy to drop in, but become a nightmare to track later on.

.bsa are easy to track, trickier to implement.

Rather than change his mod, just put your custom frame in your own mod, and put it AFTER his.

Last one loaded is the one used.

Much easier.

(also, you can double check by re-extracting the new packed ba2 file you made and make sure that your frame is in there.)