Question Regarding the Nightingales and Mod Creation (Thieves Guild Spoilers)

PoptartJuniper

I've been playing around with the Nightingale Hall to update it and give it some more personality.

My issue is, I was adding some other Nightingale generic NPCs to liven it up, when I did some more digging about the Nightingales. I thought I had read Nightingales were the best thieves and were a secret sect, but there were other lore books saying the Nightingales were only a Trinity. I deleted out the extra NPCs because of the lore aspect, but I also realized that there is at the end of the thieves guild a GIANT Nocturnal statue where all the thieves live complete with banners!

Is this just an oversight about the Nightingales, and now they aren't really that secret anymore?

Do you think adding generic NPCs would work? Maybe if I make them just guild members but not necessarily Nightingales?

I like to have my mods lore friendly, there weren't really nightingales in the other games that I remember so I can't even pull stuff from say Oblivion or Morrowind to fill in the hall.

Any thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

Nice Idea... about the NPC.... i would not set "real nightingales", but helpers (consecrated allies)...

a mage who help translate forgotten languages like Enthir from the Questline.

one own trader for the mhm things i found on my way :-)

1 or 2 Members from the Thiefguild who work as "scout" outside and sleep in a tent near the entrance?

inside maybe 1-3 "trusting" thiefs (the next generation who has to study and practice before become nightingale)

"Is this just an oversight about the Nightingales, and now they aren't really that secret anymore?" <--- i think the Thiefes now believe more an nocturnal, but it has nothing to do with open the secret of nightingales for everyone... its only a shrine for the god of luck smile, nightingales still are a mythos.

Edited by Gorgosa