Disappearing buildings

Rattlerx5150

This is an unfortunately common problem with LOD issues with the CK not rendering large architecture in game. I myself havent found a permanent fix, but a fix that will work on your PC is to set the object to dstant LOD (a check box near the Initially Dissabled box), then go in game to where it is (it should still be invisible) save your game, go back into the CK and un tick the distant LOD box. This is a fix I found on another post and it worked for me, hope it works for you to.

A simpler temprorary fix I found that works to is to go to the area where the problem buildings are, make a quicksave or travel through a load door and back to make an autosave, then exit the game completely and load up the auto/quicksave.

Hope this helps.

I had this issue when i made my Lake View home.

Try setting the building as Full LOD, save the mod. Go into the game and see if the building is there now.

If it is, go back into the creation kit and uncheck the Full LOD setting, then save mod again, repeat the process of going in game and see if the house is still there. Mine was, and has had no issues since, in this category anyway :P

One thing that I have noticed (although I haven't done proper testing to verify yet) is that I created a little mod near the Riverwood - Whiterun road and ...

If I load up a character that has already passed this area then the building disappears until I save the game, quit Skyrim and then reload.

However if I approach with a new character (based on a save character that has just escaped Helgen) that has NOT previously been to the area the building is fine from the get-go.

{edit} forgot to mention I HAVE set "Is Full LOD" on the house reference. so maybe some kind of LOD reference gets lumped into your save game.

Edited by flobalob

• 2 months later...

hi guys

ihave some similar issue: i ticked the full LOD box and the buildings appear but nor from very far; when you're wandering in Tamriel and see for example Whiterun from far away, you won't see my newly added building until you get very close to the city itself.

Only the ImpExtTower do not appear from far. The other objects ive added do appear.

Any suggestion on how to make it appear from far away? as any whiterun wall or thing like that?

thank you

Edited by Tsewe