Extended High level game play hightlights

flatbush71

My highest level character is level 82 and the saves are around 50GB. But, I run both War of the Commonwealth and Endless Warfare and the former does increase save size, maybe EW does as well, I've not had that by itself. My quicksaves are even higher but I regularly clear them out. Edited by star-mystyk

My highest level character is level 82 and the saves are around 50GB. But, I run both War of the Commonwealth and Endless Warfare and the former does increase save size, maybe EW does as well, I've not had that by itself. My quicksaves are even higher but I regularly clear them out.

Please tell me that's a typo - surely you mean 50MB (i.e. 50,000kb) not GB? My head's spinning at the thought of saves 2000 times the size of mine. I mean, I don't run either of those mods but... egads.

This is it.

Tell me why does it go up and down in size ?

I overwrite the same file a lot to keep from making so many.

That way worked well in the older versions.

Also I thank all of you for your information and help.

Buck

Edited by flatbush71

attachicon.gifsf.png

This is it.

Tell me why does it go up and down in size ?

I overwrite the same file a lot to keep from making so many.

That way worked well in the older versions.

Also I thank all of you for your information and help.

Buck

Ah, that makes a lot more sense - when you're talking GB, you're measuring the size of all your saves combined.

I've noticed that quick saves are always bigger than "hard" saves as well, but I dunno why. I'm guessing the variance between saves of the same nature is down mainly to the variance in memory required to render the particular area your char's in, and maybe the quests that are active, but that's just a guess.

As an aside, and ever since FO3 and some corrupted save experiences, I've never intentionally made a quick save (sometimes by accident though) or overwritten a previous one. Maybe just paranoia on my part, but I haven't had a buggy save since in many thousands of hours of gameplay in FO3, FONV, Skyrim and FO4. There's a mod to make a hard save via hotkey for each of FO3, FONV and Skyrim but, alas, I don't think the author ever made a version for FO4.