The Official HD texture pack.

vinh834

So today, I finally decided to download the Skyrim official texture pack. However, I noticed that the pack caused some issues with textures. I remember some time ago that a modder fixed these issues, but I can't seem to find his thread. Does anyone here still know the thread?

No need for complex hoopla any more, it appears that Bethesda changed the way files are loaded in the latest patch, so instead of plugin activated archives being loaded last, unpacked files/loose files are loaded last now. Your other texture mods should override the DLC now.

Paraphrased from http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=8236

Edited by BrknSoul

It´s worth downloading if you have less than 1GB VRAM, the nexus HD textures are so much better but if you run lots of them it will eventually crash your game unless you have more than 1 GB VRM, at least I can´t run most of them without crashing my game eventually and my computer runs any game on ultra smoothly I have 8GB RAM and a GTX 560 TI 1GB.I´m using the official HD textures and my game is running fine.

Actually I don't use these, I have a 1gb card, but only run on very high, if I ever get around to upgrading, then of course, as with other way better ones like the 2k one. If you can and do use the DLC one you may want to use this to (it has a few options)

Static Mesh Improvement Mod

Edited by fms1