Moving a trigger

ozzgarth

Hey!

I'm currently working on a very, very complex mod that may or may not contain a portal gun based on the results of this question...

can I move a trigger (cubic activator) by means of the (BEGIN GAMEMODE) Block?

I am aware of intermediate scripting techniques.

Please, the hopes and dreams of an Aperture Science Dual Portal Device are in your hands!

Yours Truly

-The Ozzgarth

• 2 months later...

What I'm thinking...

You could make something like

begin gamemode

activatorRef.SetPos Z 10520
activatorRef.SetPos X 566.34
end

If you're trying what I'm thinking, I don't really know how to do it...If you could attach a script to the ammo when it hits something, I think that would do the trick...

http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php/SetPos

Normally this would be best accomplished using a dummy call and a marker in that cell. When you need to move the trigger you would disable it, move it to the marker, then move it to the place in the world you need it, use setpos as mentioned above, then enable. Some objects require you to wait a frame inbetween move to commands to make sure the colission gets updated. Other objects like furniture can't be moved.

If you can be more specific about what you want to do I can probably give you better alternatives. I can guess, but if wrong I'm just wasting both of our time. I have moved triggers, can even make a gun that marks the position where it hits, and places (or moves) a trigger there. Your call.

Edited by b3w4r3