Help with Spouse and mod home.

Prpich25

Hey guys

Does anyone know how to script NPC spouses to the mod home your making? Ive looked high and low found to mods on here that somewhat allow that to happen, and the other mod it does.

Me and the team im working with, have been looking everywhere, for any little bit of info on how to do this. Thanks.

Hey guys

Does anyone know how to script NPC spouses to the mod home your making? Ive looked high and low found to mods on here that somewhat allow that to happen, and the other mod it does.

Me and the team im working with, have been looking everywhere, for any little bit of info on how to do this. Thanks.

What exactly are you trying to do? Make the home the NPC is placed in "tagged" as his/her home?

From what I've learned, the custom NPC calls it home wherever they're placed.

Example, I made a home called Lake View Estate, within the home is an NPC named Damian, so far he can be a Follower and train you in Block. I've also made him Marriable, went through a test last night, marriage system worked great. Afterward i returned to the house, waited a few hours (NPC's take time to get home), found him in his room and when I spoke to him, selected to use HIS house as home, which apparently is the house i created and placed him in. I never selected anything specific in his data to make him refer to Lake View as his own, I'm guessing the simple fact that it's where he was initially placed makes it his "return point".

Give it a try, hope it helps.

If by chance you're trying to get a vanilla NPC to settle down in your created area, there is a mod on nexus that allows you to do so. I don't remember what it's called but it shouldn't be too hard to find.

If by chance you're trying to get a vanilla NPC to settle down in your created area, there is a mod on nexus that allows you to do so. I don't remember what it's called but it shouldn't be too hard to find.

All we are trying to figure out is to get a Vanilla NPC, to have the opition in the dialog when talking to them, to live at he modded home. Just like when you get married, after the cermony you talk to your spouse they ask, " Where do you want to live? We can live at my place if you like? " I want to add the name of the modded house im working on to the list of vanilla homes you could send them to. Ive used the mod for it, which is a good mod. I would rather have the knowledge for myself on how to do it, and not rely on another mod.

I am working on something similar, and the way I've planned it out is to go into the marriage quest and edit the dialogue directly. I would assume there is a list of vanila homes, so adding your new house (and its location) *should* be as easy as copying whatever the vanilla dialogue topics do. Hope this helps, I'll be trying it out soon so I'll have more specific information.

The spouses can live anywhere mod is this .

From what I've read somewhere on this forum theres a lot more to getting spouses to move to a named custom location than a "bit of dialogue".

Why is it you always spot the typo just AFTER you hit the add reply button

Edited by flobalob

The spouses can live anywhere mod is this .

From what I've read somewhere on this forum theres a lot more to getting spouses to move to a named custom location than a "bit of dialogue".

Why is it you always spot the typo just AFTER you hit the add reply button

Yeah i know the mod, and i know it does. That why im here asking for help, well at least trying to get usefull help.

I am working on something similar, and the way I've planned it out is to go into the marriage quest and edit the dialogue directly. I would assume there is a list of vanila homes, so adding your new house (and its location) *should* be as easy as copying whatever the vanilla dialogue topics do. Hope this helps, I'll be trying it out soon so I'll have more specific information.

I hope it works for you, i would be very gratefull if you could get back to me on it and let me know how it went. The lead the mod is still doing her thing at the moment. Im just a tester myself so i dont know all the in's and out's of modding. I just gather what info i can and pound the mod to see how stable it is.

All we are trying to figure out is to get a Vanilla NPC, to have the opition in the dialog when talking to them, to live at he modded home. Just like when you get married, after the cermony you talk to your spouse they ask, " Where do you want to live? We can live at my place if you like? " I want to add the name of the modded house im working on to the list of vanilla homes you could send them to. Ive used the mod for it, which is a good mod. I would rather have the knowledge for myself on how to do it, and not rely on another mod.

If you want to add the name of the new house, you'd have to change the existing dialogue or make your own, I do not think there is any other way.

I have read many posts (I think it was on the beth forums) about people trying to figure out a way around it. They were talking about fragments and somehow changing the existing scripts without touching them. It was quite over my head (and still is)

I could easily not be remembering something, or missed something in the conversation, and they could have cracked it already... who knows... I have not read that thread for about a week.

(I'll see if I can find it)

*edit* found it! :smile:

Adding spouse to new player home

The easier way seems to be to just make it act as their home for purposes of the marriage quest, which is HEAVILY based on "Location".

Then when you say "Let's go live at your place", they'd just go back "home" and live happily ever after. :smile:

Edited by r1de

Just to show my good faith, I checked the RelationshipMarriageFIN quest in the CK (this quest dictates what your spouse says after the ceremony).

As I suspected, in the Dialogue Views tab you will find an unholy mess of every spouse-voice-type responding to the "let's move" topic. I checked the dialogue for moving to Vlindrel Hall in Markarth, and in the script section is the line

(GetOwningQuest() as RelationshipMarriageSpouseHouseScript).MoveSpouse(akspeaker, MarkarthHouse)

So, what you need to do is find out what "MarkarthHouse" is (i.e. what kind of scripting command/object/reference/property it is), then make one for your house along with your dialogue lines, write a similar line of code and have it say

(GetOwningQuest() as RelationshipMarriageSpouseHouseScript).MoveSpouse(akspeaker, Prpich25House)

Not very challenging at all (except maybe the part about finding MarkarthHouse, but as I am working on the same kind of thing, I'll let you know when I figure it out).

I hope this information helps!

EDIT - both you and r1de posted while I was writing, but my information is still valid.

Edited by Kohdi

Yes your info is still valid, but doing it this way could cause conflicts if there is another mod that loads after this one that also changes the marriage quests/scripts/dialogs. (at least that's how I understand it, "rule of one" and all... I could be wrong, easily... :smile: )

That was one of the main concerns on that thread.

Edited by r1de