Help with Spouse and mod home.

Prpich25

I am working on something similar, and the way I've planned it out is to go into the marriage quest and edit the dialogue directly. I would assume there is a list of vanila homes, so adding your new house (and its location) *should* be as easy as copying whatever the vanilla dialogue topics do. Hope this helps, I'll be trying it out soon so I'll have more specific information.

Yes your info is still valid, but doing it this way could cause conflicts if there is another mod that loads after this one that also changes the marriage quests/scripts/dialogs. (at least that's how I understand it, "rule of one" and all... I could be wrong, easily... :smile: )

That was one of the main concerns on that thread.

Alright, ill send this info to my friend. Thanks for the help guys, this is great stuff.

• 1 month later...

I would really enjoy a tutorial on this subject as I too would rather go through the motions of adding script than using a mod that does it for me. I use a mod that lets me have multiple wives and it conflicts with the "Spouses can live anywhere" mod since they both have script files with the same names.

I have no knowledge of scripting yet, but a tutorial would be right up my ally.