GRRRRAAAA - cannot find global scripts for adul_..

Reiyan

what the hell?? :ranting: i installed a few mods today, the metalqueenboutique stuff and i reinstalled sod cus it wasnt working great (cudnt talk to ppl blahblahblah)

but now it juts wont wokr at all, at get to the main screem but when i try to load my save game it keeps coming across loads of errors saying it cant find global scripts or whatever (they are all along the lines of adul_scblah_blah_minor/major) and when it gets to a certain error it freezes and i have to restart the computer?!

EFF

help!?

kate

You have a mod corruption. I would suggest cleaning your savegame (.ess) of all mods. From the error message you described, I would say that you have one of Adul's mods installed.

To clean your game, first go into the Morrowind Settings folder in the Data Files Morrowind folder. Find the line that says "EnableYesToAll=0" and change the 0 to a 1. Save the document and close it.

Then go into the folder with the plugins. Delete or remove all mods from that folder.

Open Morrowind, with only the Master Files and official plugins activated.

When the error messages pop up, say Yes To All and continue to load your game. Once the game is loaded, save. It is now ostensibly clear of all mod corruption.

But, usually not completely. Open (or download and open) TESAME. Select your savegame (.ess) from the Morrowind folder and clean it.

Patch your game.

But, usually not completely. Open (or download and open) TESAME. Select your savegame (.ess) from the Morrowind folder and clean it.

It isn't as simple as that... When you open a save file in TES: Adv Mod Editor there is no option to "auto-clean" it, you have to do it manually. And as far as I know, you can't actually edit values, you only have the option of deletion.

You have to have intimate knowledge of the plugin-ins variables to be able to wipe it completely from your save file.

Also, more importantly, there are many in-game variables that can be changed by a plugin, that can only be fixed by the console.

One such problem occurred when I uninstalled "multi-mark". Apparently to get his plugin to work, he disabled the mark spell. So I had to search for a way to re-activate teleporting. Not fun.

Archived