I love Morrowind! :D

IndorilTheGreat

I loved morrowind! It had a better storyline than Oblivion and somewhat decent game play. The downfall was the terrible combat system. When you first make a new character it takes 50+ hits to kill anything

• 1 month later...
Biggest attraction is free roaming. I could spend all day adventuring for no other purpose than to find a place I didn't know existed in the game and be happy!

Morrowind was the first "open-ended" game I ever played and it made me fall in love with these things. Even though I have Oblivion and Fallout 3 now, I still ALWAYS make sure Morrowind is installed on every PC I own!

The only time during which Morrowind isn't installed on my PC is when I'm re-installing it. :P

When I bought it I had no idea what it was about, but I thought it looked pretty cool based on the pictures on the back of the box. I thought it would be turn based, though I hoped for real time, so that turned out to be a pleasant surprise.

It was also my first 'sandbox' game. In my first playthrough I explored Seyda Neen and its surroundings, did the missing tax collector quest and Fargoth's little quest. After getting some gear from Arrille's tradehouse after quite a bit of exploring, I had a look at the map, and switched to the world map for the first time. I had the feeling that I had explored quite a bit, but on the world map it was just one tiny spot, so I was like :blink: :woot: :wub:

• 1 year later...

I for one played Oblivion before Morrowind, it was fun I guess, but when I tried Morrowind it seemed clunky. Then I remembered that most better things start out feeling unnatural and tried it again. Morrowind is HELLUVA better than Oblivion. Mostly artistically and in the way the world is more of a world - Oblivion has been making me sick since then.

Besides, older, more difficult games were games where you actually felt weak at start and struggling until the end (where you could feel your rise in power and skill the more), these were just much much better all in all. They just need time - like most best things out there...