SetScaleEX Issues

ok, so i have spent WAY TOO MUCH time trying to figure out how to use this one command. I know that you are supposed to diasble the reference object, and then re-enable it, but the real issue is:

when the script is run, the viewpoint and movement is appropriately scaled, but not the character itself. I have looked all over the place for an answer, or other mods that i could just get the script from.

BTW i am making a mod that makes you into an "impish" creature. nothing fancy yet, but scaled down gameplay, is cool and i plan on making it useful in my necromancy mod.

If anyone can either tell me where to get a mod with a .1 scale down factor script in it, or knows what might be wrong, please let me know!

My script is as follows:

scn aaaimpform

begin scripteffectstart

disable player

player.setscaleex .1

enable player

playmagicshadervisuals effectsummonmythicdawn 2

end

or something like that...I have tried like 20 different verisions.

Thanks for your help!

Generally any scale changes done to the player don't work too well. This is because the player effectively uses two sets of models, one for first person, one for third person. If you change scale while in first person, only the first person models will match this change (along with a change to movement speed, jump height, and all that other stuff that height controls), when you change scale in third person, the third person model changes, but movement speed and all that other stuff (except for where NPCs look) is unchanged. Since both these sets are linked to the player, and are used only by the engine, you can't change both of them at the same time.

That said, scale commands are really designed to be used on things other than the player or normal NPCs (hence the need to disable/re-enable). Using disable on the player probably isn't that good of an idea since the player is needed to make the game work.

Thanks for responding. I have seen a mod that does it though, but i just cant get it for some reason. I think that it was based off of some hex editing program that adjusted the natural race base of the character, so then just using set scale would work to the extreme. I mean, regular setscale works just fine, but you can only go to .5, and i need more (less) than that. EX doesn't really work at any value.

• 1 year later...