NPC's have no dialogue/Do not speak/Lack voices

Yamcakes

Even with every mod disabled, I am having this issue. Googling this issue, I have only found one proposed solution to change a frequency in my sound settings, and that did not work. (I've tried every setting). NPC's have no dialogue/Do not speak/Lack voices, and the game speeds through their subtitled text, as if it was only a second long. My voices BSA is still in my data folder, and a quick poke around with a BSA browser allowed me to test some of the files, and they are all working just fine, no silence.

This only started happening recently. I haven't had any kind of recent update to my sound card drivers before or when this occurred, and even updating them in attempt to fix this issue didn't work. I'm not sure what's wrong. :c

• 1 month later...

Just got the exact same issue today.

No luck resolving it yet.

Subtitles speed through at a second per line (approx) and no voices for any NPC.

Strange.... but you're not alone!

Edited by RicoJ12

• 5 months later...

Just got the exact same issue today.

No luck resolving it yet.

Subtitles speed through at a second per line (approx) and no voices for any NPC.

Strange.... but you're not alone!

I'm having this problem too! I wonder if it's because of installing these?: UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul, and Unique Female Followers + Miria (optional NPC). <-- Sorry UFO and UFF. :D

EDIT: Okay, I got it resolved, but this might not work for you. I went to:

...\Documents\My Games\Skyrim

Went to my original backup of "Skyrim.ini" file to enable it.

What was wrong with my edit was, I added:

[ARCHIVE]

sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, HighResTexturePack01.bsa, HighResTexturePack02.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa

Why I did that was because there was a body texture that was conflicting with the official HD texture pack from Bethesda, and it conflicted with the UNP pack body pack (crotch region graphical tear by the thighs). Anyhow, it doesn't matter if you enable or disable the packs in the DATA launcher thing, it doesn't work either way.

Edited by spamll