Actually Good Dark Brotherhood Armor Replacer

ughitsmegan

Okay, so I am not a modder (If I was I would already be making this myself) but I am a seamstress. And as a seamstress the female dark brotherhood armor drives me absolutely insane. It looks as if whoever designed it realized after they were done that "oh, women have boobs! I need to make room for those!" and then proceeded to cut two holes in the chest, and after they realized an assassin couldn't realistically be running around with their titties out they sewed on a couple of boob sacks for the boobs to sit in. Anyone who has worn a bra can tell you that's not how it works. It's uncomfortable-looking, immersion breaking, and a pet peeve I've had with this armor set since day one.

I've searched for replacers that already exist, but all of them either change the look completely, add different problems, or lack beast race support. So I'm turning to the forums to see if anyone would be willing to make a simple replacer that just gets rid of the boob sacks. Oh please God, get rid of the boob sacks. Or maybe point me in the right direction so I can learn how to do this myself. Any help is appreciated.

3d modeling is not something I know how to do, unfortunately. Maybe Body Slide/Outfit Studio would be able to help put things the way you want them?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/201/?

I don't believe the OP's issue is with the actual 3D shape. If you look at the female torso in NifSkope, the vanilla bodymesh, the breasts are a decent size and shape. The design of the armor itself, its texture, gives the appearance of these boob holes, as the OP mentions. The male texture has them as well, to a much lesser degree.

The best way to edit the armor to get rid of those would be to have the chest area be a solid piece of leather. I can't do that type of texture work, or I'd help the OP out.

CRZcxgA.jpg

Edited by nightscrawl

3d modeling is not something I know how to do, unfortunately. Maybe Body Slide/Outfit Studio would be able to help put things the way you want them?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/201/?

I don't believe the OP's issue is with the actual 3D shape. If you look at the female torso in NifSkope, the vanilla bodymesh, the breasts are a decent size and shape. The design of the armor itself, its texture, gives the appearance of these boob holes, as the OP mentions. The male texture has them as well, to a much lesser degree.

The best way to edit the armor to get rid of those would be to have the chest area be a solid piece of leather. I can't do that type of texture work, or I'd help the OP out.

CRZcxgA.jpg

You've hit the nail on the head vis-à-vis what I'm looking for here. I did notice after I made this post that the dude version has that same problem but on a smaller scale. Both have the problem of being both uncomfortable and unrealistic from a construction standpoint. Like a person would have to go out of their way to make it look like that rather than just have the fabric sit on top of the chest like normal fabric does.

I experimented with it a bit, tonight. I took a circle of the black leather and pasted it into the chest, to make it smooth. The problem I'm having is with my normal map. My skill there is severely limited, so it may or may not look right to you, in game. The vanilla normal is one of those "fancy" ones, for lack of a better term, that looks like something you'd see on an x-ray. I don't know how to do that, but I can give it some depth and keep the shine down. If you'd like to test it out, I'd be more than happy to send it to you as replacer textures.