horror quest mod

saw12

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you would need to have them overlap i guess but you cant connect them

you have to build two separate connections in the same place, one of them initially disabled and the other one enabled. You can do that by setting both of them to have one Xmarker as a parent, one set parented normaally, and the other set with the "enable state opposite of parent" box checked. Then you set up trigger to disable, and/or re-enable the xmarker when the player passes through them, thus you can switch between your connections, and change the layout of the cell on the fly in response to where the player is.

There is a good example of this in my Vault 121 Project Fellowship mod. When you deactivate the forcefield controls it actually changes the layout of the cell. If you look at it in the geck you'll see what I did.

Edited by joshua121

oh ok well im terrible at navmeshing so im sure you could figure it out but i have bad news now... i got rid of my other computer and got a netbook so ive installed new vegas and the geck but they wont work it says windows has detected an error and the only option is close program so i cant mod anymore till i figure this out at least so if anyone can help with this please comment what i have to do to fix this

you would need to have them overlap i guess but you cant connect them

you have to build two separate connections in the same place, one of them initially disabled and the other one enabled. You can do that by setting both of them to have one Xmarker as a parent, one set parented normaally, and the other set with the "enable state opposite of parent" box checked. Then you set up trigger to disable, and/or re-enable the xmarker when the player passes through them, thus you can switch between your connections, and change the layout of the cell on the fly in response to where the player is.

There is a good example of this in my Vault 121 Project Fellowship mod. When you deactivate the forcefield controls it actually changes the layout of the cell. If you look at it in the geck you'll see what I did.

Ahhh.. I remember that :) I played around with a level design using Speedy's resource pack. My idea was to use a grid format with a script to switch junctions, i.e. change a 4-way to a corner, etc.

oh ok well im terrible at navmeshing so im sure you could figure it out but i have bad news now... i got rid of my other computer and got a netbook so ive installed new vegas and the geck but they wont work it says windows has detected an error and the only option is close program so i cant mod anymore till i figure this out at least so if anyone can help with this please comment what i have to do to fix this

I would need the actual error message to help you, but google would be much more help to you than I will. Best of luck with it though. It would be a shame to lose a good modder because of Comp issues.

Ugh..hopefully it isn't what started happening with me and the GECK dlls/files getting eaten at install, as far as I can tell there's no known way to stop that.

GreenFuryKnight, when you say at Install, you mean exactly that right? it's not something that happens everytime you try to run the program?

If so maybe someone else could give saw a working copy of the dll files that the GECK needs.

Is that the case saw12? Can you actually run New Vegas but not the GECK?

@joshua121 no i cant run either as soon as i open the file and it starts loading it says window detected an error and it says windows will notify you if we find a soulution

@joshua121 no i cant run either as soon as i open the file and it starts loading it says window detected an error and it says windows will notify you if we find a soulution

Hmmm.... without more details, I'm stumped. I have some pretty good Google-Fu skills, and I'd be willing to try to help you if I can.

What are your specs? Have you tried re-installing?