Modifying Meshes- Creating Custom Follower

Aridyan

Hi! I'm having some trouble figuring out how to make a really cool Follower mod, and I'm hoping to find some good advice here.

I use Blender to make models, and I want to do these things:

1. Make a Follower mod

2. Have that Follower be an Argonian

3. Modify the original mesh of that Follower using Blender

- Add new eyes

- Add new hair/horns

- Add new brow

- Modify skin colour (texture)

The meshes I want to change are the eyes and the hair/horns. I also want to modify the face a little and the brows, but I'm happy to leave those for later, until the other things are sorted out.

This is my first attempt at modding, and most of the tutorials I've seen are fairly old or don't describe exactly what I want to do. I would really appreciate a step-by-step explanation of how to do all of this; so far, I've created a custom race with the CK, as I've heard that that's the only way to make a custom mesh for a Follower.

I hope I've explained myself clearly here, as my mind is starting to melt a little with trying to figure out what to do!

Extra explanation on what various file names mean would be extra helpful. I've extracted the .nif files for female Argonian, and am now staring at 'eyesfemaleright' and 'eyesfemaleleft'. Do I... need to combine these somehow? Also, can I make the hair mesh asymmetrical? I want there to be one horn on one side, and a broken-off stub on the other.

Thanks a bunch!