Custom Prop Meshes GECK Crash error

comfyseven4

Ive created a simple wooden garage door and replaced a vannila garage door per the numerous tutorials i have watched. I have successfuly imported wepaon meshes fine but when i try to do anything other than weapons when i change the model in the GECK it just crashes.

Garage model is linked below, if someone could point out any issues or explain what i have done wrong. I have tried keeping and removing the havok collision object data neither seem to change the output errors. PLS SAVE ME :sad:

File :

Edited by comfyseven4

Why is it skinned but there is no skin instance node and no skinned flag in shader?

Why there is vertex colors flag in shader but no vertex colors in shape?

Either learn how meshes work and set proper values yourself, or at least find a suitable vanilla mesh and copy exact values. Right now your mesh looks like a mash up of random blocks from various meshes which don't correlate at all.

Lol I used a vanilla unanimated load door as my base mesh. I followed the online tutorials of how to import them correctly. As i said i have dome it properly in wepaons but not with these its as if when im using BSNITriShapes instead of SubIndexTriShape it just gives hell

But thanks for your words ill look into this stuff

The only weird thing is the target of the collision object (2 bhkNPCollisionObject) This should be 0 instead of 6. I changed that and it loads fine in CK.

However the collision shape doesn't match the door. In no way.... It's obviously the collision for the ConstructionBarrier.

Edith:

On top of that, if you want to use the mesh as door, you need propper collision and animations. Without animation you may use the mesh merely for a static object.

Edited by deadbeeftffn

Im creating a static load door not an animated one. And thanks for the info on the collision object like i said tho i tried with and without collision data in the mesh and neither worked and how could i change the collision data to fit my mesh?

Had a look at my file and it looks exactly like what you said Collision is set to 0 as target when i loaded it up.

Screenshot: nyBP9y7.png

PS: I have created animations in blender but no idea how to get them into the nif file or into the geck or into the game :P

I wanted to get the basic model and stuff all figured out before i go snooping around in animations if u know what i mean :P

Edited by comfyseven4

Ok so i had a look and did some comparisons.

The BSLightingShaderProperty had some tags that didn't match the vanilla mesh ones so i copied and redid the texture paths and imported it into geck. The geck now stops responding instead of "GECK Stopped Working" & crash. Doesn't ever recover or crash just says not working.

New File: This file doesnt contain any collision data yet as per testing purposes, will add one later when i get 3DS installed

Update: The geck after importing the mesh not working for about 5 minutes then stops working compared to before when it stopped working immediatly

File Download

He (me) explained it well enough. If you don't understand calculation, then find any vanilla mesh with the same VF flags and copy values from there.

xD my bad lol, as i understood it the Vertex size was calculated by the values of the vertex data bite sizes using the equation shown in the image. But im not sure how to get the byte values from the equation data and ill look into getting the right value from a vanilla model. I just want to understand the calculation process for future endeavors.