OH MY GOD! HOLY CRAP! HELP! CTHULHU EATS EVERYTHING!

ArtMurder

So I am trying to get Fallout 4 working on my GPD Win! Actually coming along better then you'd expect. (the trick is repacking files to replace the default ones) This might not be the best place for this, it might not even be a mod causing this, but it's most likely a mod I need to fix it, and this isn't exactly a... "vanilla" issue.

One issue has plagued me this entire time. No other GPD Win FO4 player I've seen has it!

I can't describe it to Google at all, and it's the most frustrating thing evuuuuur!!!

zHY9IIP.png

Useful Info:

- The "Objects" are usually static, but sometimes wave like flags.

- You can walk through them, but the clusters can block my path sometimes and crash the game if I try to force my way into them.

- Entering and interior cell (The small bunker in Sanctuary) will sometimes make them all vanish. HOWEVER walking far enough away will cause them to come back in fore, but ONLY in the new areas I visit. (This kicked in around red rocket) The further you go, the more aggressive it gets, I crashed out right at the water tower do to the "cluster" problem mentioned above.

- Using default ini doesn't stop the problem. It in fact, makes it worse.

- Tested with no esps active and no modded files active whatsoever. (except for resealed ultra low res textures mentioned above)

- Tested with multiple (3) different texture packs. Even from separate sources. Persists. Lower res textures cause them less.

- When in an area where they don't load, the game runs and acts perfectly fine. I even get a relatively stable FPS, around 20. This can persist seemingly indefinitely as long as I stay in the area. Tested combat, dialogue, settlement building, all worked 100% fine without causing any significant or persistent lag problems (nor cause the Cthulhu mass to return)

- Interior cells act as if the walls aren't loaded.. ? They show the "nether space" of the trippy tracer effect that is hidden behind all walls in interior cells. (could be unrelated? Not enough testing)

- Saving when I managed to make them go away and reloading that save (under all circumstances tested) result in them reappearing.

- Testing the EXACT same install (copied, file for file, including all .inis and .txts and everything) on my main desktop RIG will not reproduce this effect at all, regardless of anything I try.

GPD Win System Specs:

Operating system: Windows 10 - Home 64 bit (Gutted)

CPU 64-bit x86 1.60GHz multi-core processor Intel Atom Z8700

Memory: 4GB LPDDR3 RAM

Storage: 64 GB ROM (eMMC 4.51)

Display 5.5" 1280x720, 720p 16:9 Capacitive display, multi-touch support

Graphics: Intel HD 405 Graphics 200MHz

Oh also it's my birthday, and it's sucked so far! =D ...So please help, thanks! <3

• 2 weeks later...