new games

assin001

honestly ?

i dont pay enough attention to new games of any kind ofr any new system i dont care much for the hype and i dont have a pc good enough to play them nor am i inclined to cough up a few internal organs to get a system i can play the latetst and greatest for all of six months before they are out dated again

( one of the many reasons i am a console gamer )

but i got enough games to play as it is 200 sega saturn games to start with

the only game i know that is being released any time soon is the sims 3 and a second wow expansion pack the first because i am a sims fan and the second because of the news letter

i doubt you are interested in either

oh and mass effect is just kotor with out starwars lisence and kotor was just never winter nights with starwas lisence

does any oen get the feeling bioware is feeding us the same game over and over again ?

like oh say eidos nintendo rockstar and valve are doing ?

nah im prolly the only one as usual

i do have the sims 2 and play it, but i am not intrested in wow and i think i know what you are on about with mass effect but when i played it it seemed different to neverwinter nights, i sort of know what you are getting at

Well...

Prince of Persia, a new journey or something...

Mass Effect...

Football Manager 09 thou it wont be out till xmas :D cant wait thou...

and of course another Bethesda killer....Fallout III, my eyes are full of tears, cant believe a legend is coming back and being made by another legend...

Well Fallout 3 should be... Interesting. I'm wondering if they can please the original fanbase. If they turned an RPG like fallout into a first person shooter (I'm exaggerating here, of course), it would show where they'd probably go with TES V.

My money's on Mass Effect as well. I'm fairly dubious about Fallout 3 since a lot of these fully 3d RPGs seem to sacrifice freedoms for graphics. We'll see.

Actually, I just noticed it came out two days ago! Geez, I already forgot.

Otherwise I've my eye on some Suda 51 releases for the DS. In the "announced" category (code for who the hell knows if or when it débuts), it's Baldur's Gate III and KOTOR III.

bluekatt, you're not alone in noticing some repetition, but I thought it a brilliant staple. I've always enjoyed how Bioware manages to blend a decent script with enough options to give the player the illusion of choice. Not many developers give you as much conversational freedom as Bioware esp. on consoles, which are usually flooded with JRPGs (like Final Fantasys). Not to say JRPGs are worse, but the majority typically present the PC with fewer choices.

My want list for this year is exactly four games long:

-Fallout 3 (PC)

-Left 4 Dead (PC)

-Starcraft 2 (PC)

-Mercenaries 2 (360)

Anything else is gravy as long as I exit 2008 with all of the above. I'd mention GTA IV, but since there's no hard info on the PC port yet...

Archived