Error message - Failed to load cursor

onehooyfrood

Disregard, finished reinstalling. Still have 2 armour mesh errors and person near Census Office have marker.nif icon due to an error but given I am running MR and TR and many new quest mods, some tiny problems should be expected.

Disregard original problem, have follow up question,

I edited the morrowind.ini, adding cursor information from an archived file. Problem fixed, allowing me to see the many missing file errors from BM, Trib, TR and probably others (maybe caused by changing load orders or by files being overwritten. Will be uninstalling and reinstalling tomorrow.

Can I keep the list of mods I have found and downloaded with Nexus MM. I will have to activate them when I have installed the main game files, do I have to reinstall them as well? Not planning on changing the install location for Morrowind nor the location of Nexus MM

Original Post:

G'day,

Not new to MW but previous to 2 days ago had only used official mods (years ago) and the msgo overhaul for a few weeks earlier this year.

Error message:

Failed to load cursor: Meshes\.nif.

"Meshes\.nif cannot load file"

Is it a missing file? would have expected \*.nif not just \.nif.

If anyone can point me to a file download location or how I can get file off one of the game discs I have. Only solution I have is to uninstall all the files, go through computer to tracks down the virtual places files seem to hid and spend tomorrow, doing again what I did yesterday.

Story below:

Have been playing with a new load including Rebirth and Tamriel overhauls, mods that are either specified as compatible with Rebirth and Tamriel or don't conflict (had stable game). Was trying to put up with the 3 mesh errors I had (imperial female cuirass, imperial head03 and netch cuirass), failed and went to find them. First in female armour official mod, 2nd I co opted a mod that added imperial head 6 and modified name and found another leather cuirass and modified name. I also had errors relating to snowflake and blizzard files (this was solved by copying the data folder from bloodmoon disc (mine has data (not accessed during install and then 2 zipped data files.

In that process, I attempted to unpack the Morrowind zipped data files by reinstalling in another folder but before I realised error I had uninstalled data files. Thought problem would be solved by reinstalling MW, Trib and the BM and possible has but now I get the cursor error.

Edited by onehooyfrood