Anyone managed to turn their skyrim into a horror/survival game?

futurence305

I was thinking of making an open world/rpg/horror/survival kind of skyrim but im having lacking ideas on which mods to add.

I want it to be something like the forest(game on steam) and a supreme version of skyrim's rpg since it feels lacking.

Any ideas would be appreciated :D.

Mods I have installed:

-SFO

-Verdant

-Dark fantasy overhaul

-Ordinator/apocalypse/sacrosanct/combat evolved for super saiyan skills and fights

-83willow's texture for zombs

-sounds of skyrim

-some graphics to make dungeons dark

-vampire lord retexture

-animations for combat but as of right now my male toon is running around like a sissy..

-obis 4 more fist fights
-inigo cuz sexy voice

got a total of 128 mods with some patches.

I haven't really played yet since I feel its lacking and havent done much tweaks for fps(currently @ 30-40fps with high settings & grim and somber enb)

I'm making a mod right now. It spawns stuff, lots of stuff... everywhere.

I wouldn't claim that it's overly lore-friendly, things can spawn quite randomly.

If you like OBIS, you'll probably love this. Actually, don't use both... just don't.

It's very configurable, so you could get it to do things how you want it to be.

Interestingly enough, I wrote a post on Reddit a few days ago titled "In which I accidentally turn Skyrim into survival horror". The gist of it was Requiem and Live Another Life, starting on Solstheim. It got even more survival-y due to Frostfall, Realistic Needs, and Hunterborn; it was pretty amazing. I still haven't managed to get that character back to Raven Rock, and I've died about 8 times, running from everything. Requiem will destroy you at low levels. Requiem + any alternate start, especially the Death Alternatives LAL alternate starts, or the Random Alternate Starts, would probably give you the thrill of being terrified of everything.

Requiem is a complete overhaul and unlevels the world, though, so it's a weird thing to add on late rather than build the load order around it, and I suppose the survival horror part would eventually go away when you're strong enough to beat things. I suppose in that case what you would be wanting is some sort of re-leveler that makes everything constantly way harder than you rather than balanced to you... which is an interesting idea.

You could configure Sands of Time to just constantly mess you up, which sees like it would accomplish almost the same thing, more randomly.

Thanks guys sorry for the late reply was busy trying to mod haha. Looking at your mod right now it seems really good gonna try it soon !

I'm gonna have to look at those mods it seems really interesting but only thing im worried about is start another life since some of the mods i have installed have said smth about that mod not being compatible or something. Back to modding!

I think the main problem with alternate start mods is if another mod either changes how the game starts in and of itself or unexpected things happen during the starting sequence. When it comes to spawn/encounter mods, what we don't want is things appearing out of nowhere and killing everybody because it could cause the initial quest to stall (as amusing as it would be to see the headsman get a taste of his own medicine, if he dies before raising his axe the dragon may not appear - I cannot confirm this but it wouldn't surprise me).

It's also important to consider how the player starts out. I've seen one start which dumps the player by the coast and pretty much in a snowstorm, with basic rags and no weapons - with no way to defend oneself and very limited stamina to run away, it certainly wouldn't be nice to see a bunch of bandits spawn on the player in this case.

It is for these reasons that my mod is not enabled by default; it must be activated in the MCM before anything can spawn.

Edited by Kapteyn