Hearthfire Tweak: A Mod to disable Lucia and Sofie

CyrusAmell

Edited Note: Or alternately, make it so they don't appear until after the Civil War.

Pretty much what the title says. Now, you might be wondering why I would want such a thing or why I wouldn’t just walk up to the girls and type “disable,” but bear with me.

There are two reasons I wanted a mod like this:

1) These two make it hard to want to live the bachelor life for long.

Of all the children to adopt, Lucia and Sofie are the worst off. They are two young girls who are left homeless and on the street, in cities that can come under attack during the Civil War. Naturally, I always adopt them for those reasons on every save I had in Oldrim where I did adopt on a character. I even have to structure my playthroughs so as to ensure they are adopted before Civil War events happen. The other children in the game, by comparison, are better off – if they are not in the orphanage with Constance (because I murdered Grelod the Kind) then they are boys who are not on the street (Blaise & Alesan). None of the other children, save perhaps Blaise, are in the way of the fighting.

2) I may want to adopt different children.

True I could get a mod to adopt numerous children so I can still accommodate Lucia and Sofie, but I think a mod such as the one I proposed would be easier. This means I can adopt kids from the Honorhall Orphanage, or I can adopt newly added children from mods that make elven or orcish kids – all without leaving Lucia or Sofie out in the cold.

In short...

So what I am asking for is just a mod that disables Lucia and Sofie from the game with a story description of how they were already adopted into new families. Alternatively, I would like advice on how to go about making such a mod. Is there a way to disable npc using the Creation Kit? Or, if this is not recommended, perhaps a way to make it so that Sofie and Lucia don't appear until after a set time? Say, after the Civil War? That might be more useful.

Or if you really wanted to go all out, then you could make a mod that moves the girls into the houses of current families. Say, Sofie is adopted and moves in with the Shatter-Shield Family in Windhelm and Lucia is adopted in Whiterun by Adrianne Avenicci and her husband Ulfberth War-Bear.

If this request seems equal parts naïve, selfish and lazy then well... yah, but this is a game – no need to make me feel bad about it.

Edited by CyrusAmell