Tutorial for import/export nifs that move (shishkebab´s fire)

YanL

Hoy!

I made a weapon that have a pair of eyes (!!!). These two eyes must be on fire.

Could anyone point me some tutorial or video on how to properly import and export; in blender 2.49; things like shishkebab´s fire? And then what do I have to do in nifskope to make everything right?

Because using this as base

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/images/104855/?changePreference=3

is not helping me for this problem in question (just for this, the tutorial is great)

Thanks. ^^

P.s: If I have to, I'll post a picture of the gun for you to understand the problem.

Thanks Pixel, I'll try to do it myself using your tutorial, because copying blocks from others clearly is not working. I can´t place the flame in the eye, it changes it places in the first person view.

I saw that it is only for static material and for F3, but who knows ...

using Nikskope 1.2, the 2.0 does not seem to work right with me.

Edited by YanL

Thanks for the offer. I do have a little problem. I managed to animate the fire, but it has one corner or another where it disappears. Here's the example.

jOZA2fE.png

This definitely does not happen with a campfire, for example.

If you can investigate which property is missing, here is the file

https://files.fm/u/prrddd44

You're right, the textures were misspelled. But that was not the reason for the problem, since it did not solve.

But now I have managed to solve by copying the NiTexturing and BBShader properties from the shishkebab and after that, putting the texture, as you said.

Summary: I do not know what was causing the problem :laugh:

Thank you for your help and attention ^^

• 2 weeks later...

Pixel, maybe you know the answer to this problem that I've encountered other times.

X4uTOIk.png

This helmet is the Sierra Madre Helmet, but I divided it into 2 blocks, one for the helmet and one for the visor. What I wanted to do here was the helmet as the original but with a golden visor.

Then I went on the NiMaterial´s visor and changed the color in the emissive color. As you can see, the color of the helmet automatically changed as well.
Now, I know of a way to solve this by creating 2 items, one for the helmet (hat) and one for the visor (mask).

but I will not always have that option. Why does this happen?

Pixel, maybe you know the answer to this problem that I've encountered other times.

Â

X4uTOIk.png

Â

Â

This helmet is the Sierra Madre Helmet, but I divided it into 2 blocks, one for the helmet and one for the visor. What I wanted to do here was the helmet as the original but with a golden visor.Â

Â

Then I went on the NiMaterial´s visor and changed the color in the emissive color. As you can see, the color of the helmet automatically changed as well.

Â

Now, I know of a way to solve this by creating 2 items, one for the helmet (hat) and one for the visor (mask).Â

Â

but I will not always have that option. Why does this happen?

It sounds like they use the same material, so when you modify one, you modify both. If you separated them in Blender, you could make them both use separate materials, but I wouldn't be surprised if Pix knows an easier way to do it in Nifskope. He's good like that.