Please suggest mods

ReDragon1976

Hey all

So I'm back to the wasteland after 300+ hours in Nevada and I'm looking for some mods to make FO3 like NV and a few others things.

These are the kind of things I'm looking for, if anyone can suggest any I would be grateful.

My machine is purpose made for Fallout NV modded, I took what was reccomended and added to it when I was getting my PC built, so it's fairly high end.

Increased realism / immersion - I used Project Nevada in NV and have been thinking of F3ProjectrealityMk1, is this the closest equivalent?

I alos used I think harder than you (or something like that) that made combat deadly, any equivalent in FO3?

Increased wasteland spawns - Is this available in FO3?

Weather mods, I was thinking Fellout, is this still the best around? I had a moon mod as well, made the night sky awesome. Along that line I used Nevada skies in NV and the rain feature was awesome, anything like that here?

Lighting, is there anything like Electro city where there are working lights in the wasteland? And somthing to make nights darker?

Also a good HUD mod that intergrates night vision or the like.

I used A World of Pain, it's just one of the best mods I've ever seen of it's type, among my top 5 easily and I've used it since my first playthrough of NV, is there anything like that in FO3?

A green mod, like trees / grass etc, I know the wasteland isn't supposed to be green, but I would like to have one for this playthrough.

Weapons mod ala NV - this was an awesome feature and I'd like to have it in FO3 if something like is available, I don't use any of the weapon mods as a rule, so just something basic preferred or one that can be used with just the vanilla weapons.

Less loot - I had 2 lower loot mods that worked together in NV and still have over 800 000 caps in NV at present, I would like caps to be had to come by. I loot EVERYTHING, all weapons armour etc, right down to bent tin cans, though I only sell the weapons armour for caps and horde the rest. Is there anything I can get to prevent me becoming rich too soon.

Any decent quest mods, I played tales of the burning sands, the new bison steve and new vegas bounties and they were both awesome.

Companions, I used both Willow and wendy gilbert in NV and would like something like that in FO3, I'm gonna try Llama's Charon, but would like a couple of others.

Homes / bases - I used wendy gilberts home for a base / horde home in NV and the quest home you got during the new bison steve mod quest in NV in the NW for display purposes / trophy house. I'd like a couple of homes, probably the megaton house expanded in some way with more storage for a main base for load out, selling loot and horded loot and another, can be anywhere really for a trophy house.

And importantly, the mod where you have to eat drink sleep, I did know it, but have forgotten which one it is, or which is he best. And a HUD that works with it if possible.

I am about to work my way through the mods, but It took me over 10 days of browsing the NV mods in my spare time compiling a list of possible's so any help / suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Redragon :D

Increased realism / immersion - I used Project Nevada in NV and have been thinking of F3ProjectrealityMk1, is this the closest equivalent?

Can't think of anything quite like Project Nevada. but I've heard FOOK, MMM, and FWE offer these sorts of features.. I don't use them myself so I wouldn't really know.

Increased wasteland spawns - Is this available in FO3?[/quote

This is a stand alone version of the one that comes iwth MMM. You can use this if you don't want to use MMM but if you're using MMM you don't need this.

Weather mods, I was thinking Fellout, is this still the best around? I had a moon mod as well, made the night sky awesome. Along that line I used Nevadaskies in NV and the rain feature was awesome, anything like that here?

Fellout is more atmosphere then whether. It's a very nice mod (gives me an excuse to use Nightvision anyway) but I think Project Reality is closer to what you're looking for. Just watch out for space storms.

Lighting, is there anything like Electro city where there are working lights in the wasteland? And somthing to make nights darker?

Felloutmakes nights Darker but I don't know if it works iwth Project Reality Which May or may not do the same thing.

A green mod, like trees / grass etc, I know the wasteland isn't supposed to be green, but I would like to have one for this playthrough.

There are plenty of Green mods out there. the one I'm most families with is Greenworldthough that one is abit old. I do know there are others but I CAN'T REALLY THINK OF ANY RIGHT NOW.

Weapons mod ala NV - this was an awesome feature and I'd like to have it in FO3 if something like is available, I don't use any of the weapon mods as a rule, so just something basic preferred or one that can be used with just the vanilla weapons.

Weapon Mod Kits is your best bet.

Any decent quest mods, I played tales of the burning sands, the new bison steve and new vegas bounties and they were both awesome.

Mothership Zeta Crew is one of the best there is. It also has a very strong support base with people constantly making addons for it. I'd also recommend MERC 2 which has also gained a storng support base of late. One more that I may reccomend is If You Want It Done Right which allows more freedom in howyou do the main quest. I've also heard good thigns about the work of Puca Moose in this area and I almost forgot Vault 101 Revisited. I've also heard high praise for CUBE Experimental. The Librarian: Orions Gate is pretty cool but it's kind of weird, The Project offers a nice combat focused quest and goes great with Mothership Zeta Crew and MERC 2. FNNCQdoes a great job of expanding the slavery system in the game.

Companions, I used both Willow and wendy gilbert in NV and would like something like that in FO3, I'm gonna try Llama's Charon, but would like a couple of others.

I use Brisamyself as well as Sharing and Caring Companions oh yes and Sydney Follower You may want to also check aout TalkieToasters mods as he has a very nice selection to choose from.

Homes / bases - I used wendy gilberts home for a base / horde home in NV and the quest home you got during the new bison steve mod quest in NV in the NW for display purposes / trophy house. I'd like a couple of homes, probably the megaton house expanded in some way with more storage for a main base for load out, selling loot and horded loot and another, can be anywhere really for a trophy house.

Depends on what you're looking for. I'd recommend DanTheGeek's Underground Hideout mod as well as Gred's Mansion,Mini Hideout, and RR Companion Vault (with the Refurbished addon that makes it look really nice).

This is what I have in the area of recommendations for now. I have a little digging to do for some others that I would recommend and I wanted to get this post out there some time this last two hours. I'll edit it with other recommendations os stay tuned.

Edited by tnu

Mothership Zeta Crew was already mentioned. To toot my own horn, there's Panzer's Mass Overhaul but you may want to wait a while before downloading. There's a good amount of New Vegas stuff in the NV versions but there are some things I need to fix, like ridiculously fast weapon decay. Also, I plan on porting over nearly every weapon from New Vegas for the update so that's another reason to wait a while. Maybe a month or two (probably two). I also will have patches ready for MZC, MMM, and Vault 101 Revisited. Not so much for FWE. There's also Linerunner's Classic Fallout Weapons Revived if you don't want to use mine. There's also this Minigun Sound Mod, Ammo Press with CALIBR, and Enclave Officer Camo Uniforms.

@tnu: Thank you.

Anyway, there's also I Will Touch What I Want, which makes NPCs shut up about you bumping into tin cans. For those who don't want mine, there's also Stop Insulting Me Outcasts, which properly aligns your faction so the Outcasts aren't jerks to you even after you earned Casdin's trust. Anyway, I back up tnu's statement about Puce Moose's stuff and Cube Experimental as well. Project Beauty/Fallout 3 Redesigned is good, too. (I just remembered I need to make a patch for that, too.)

As for Mothership Zeta Crew, don't forget to check out the plug-ins people have made for it, available here, here, and here.