Can't stay long in Far Harbor

foggyknight1

Seems that I can stay for many days doing things in the Commonwealth, and all is calm, but once I go to Far Harbor I don't have time to do anything before a settlement in the Commonwealth needs help from some raid. Wouldn't be quite so annoying if the additional step getting back wasn't there. Is there any way to shut down the supposed random raids while I'm at Far Harbor? I never go to the Nuka cola land because I don't like that DLC, but maybe I will just to see if the raids in the Commonwealth repeat this annoying pattern. Anyone else seeing this as a pain in the ankle?

Take a look at No Settlement Attacks. It will prevent the random settlement attack quests from happening. It won't stop settlement attacks from happening if you fast travel into a settlement. I got sick and tired of getting attack notifications (and settlements in general) ages ago. Won't play the game without this mod. Started using the mod during my first Far Harbor run and have loved it ever since.

BS Defense mod is much better than no settlement attacks it only changes a few small things and it uses a script from the unofficial patch instead of vanilla scripts. With the BS Defense mod all you have to do is make sure your defense rating is 150 and those settlements will always win the fight. This way you don't have to go there yourself ever and you don't have to worry about fixing anything ever. Once in a while you go somewhere that defended and won you get an npc talking about how they kicked those raiders butts or similar.

i believe the last update to bsdefence made it so settlement defense only has to be greater than or equal to food+water for the settlement since 150+ defense is ridiculous for smaller settlements like hangman's alley. there are two versions- one for people using the Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch and one for those who aren't. great mod, highly recommend it

i believe the last update to bsdefence made it so settlement defense only has to be greater than or equal to food+water for the settlement since 150+ defense is ridiculous for smaller settlements like hangman's alley. there are two versions- one for people using the Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch and one for those who aren't. great mod, highly recommend it

+1

BS Defence is great. Defend in person if you want to, don't worry about it if you don't feel like it. (Assuming you have adequate D.)

I use BS Defence. Prior to that there was nothing worse than doing those memories and having a settlement back in the Commonwealth under attack. Like, sure I'll just drop everything so I can go back and watch my fortified settlement kill a couple of raiders in 2 seconds. Not likely.

Even when I didn't know of the mod I'd still not drop everything for a settlement attack. I have better things to do and would check up on them later, if I was over that way.

Edited by star-mystyk