BA2 File Problems

Worsin

I feel it is great to segment the BA2 files like that to organize things, but as chucksteel mentioned, unless Bethesda's Archive2.exe does that for you then the game might not recognize the various BA2 file names you have chosen. Which is because Bethesda knows their programming and we/you don't. They don't tell us what will and won't work we have to figure it our for ourselves. So what I have found is that for the example diskdevl posted, if he unpacked all those files into a folder and then used Archive2.exe to make the BA2 it would put all of them in the same file. Then as long as it is named Merged_Weapons - Main.ba2 then everything will load with no problem.

Again I'm not here to debate the reason for having those names, or the reason to keep them organized like that, I'm just saying Bethesda does things how they want and knows how to make the files with those extensions and knows their programming and we don't. So you simply can't always have the files named how you want, all the time.

We are told we use the same CK they use. However, it is still the consensus that we get the utilities they make for us, they use their own version of the CK and utilities. They release our version without all the proprietary software in it that they can't release to us. On the off chance that the community is wrong, and it really is the same as theirs then since they don't tell us/you how to make the files as you have indicated, then you have to stick with what works not what you want.

Edited by Sharlikran

• 2 months later...

I am also having issues with packaging my loose files into ba2 archives. I have downloaded a great deal of texture mods and had the goal of packaging them all into a nice archive set for the game engine to handle. I followed the directions on this page, but for some reason when I boot up the game, none of the archived textures show up.

I named my files as follows:

NexusHDWorld.esp

NexusHDWorld - Main.ba2 (Contains materials and meshes folder)

NexusHDWorld - TexturesXX.ba2 (The XX is numbered 01-08 due to the 2GB archive limitation.)

I packed the archives using the Archive2 program that comes with the Creation Kit, and I even tried hard coding the archives into the INI file, but it made no difference. I am using Mod Organizer 2 to run my game, but I'm not sure if that is relevant. I do know that other mods I am using that other mod authors packaged into archives seem to be loading fine, just not the ones I made. Is there some INI file tweak that I am missing? I followed the directions on the web link above to the exact letter, making sure that I had the archive formatted to DDS files and using default compression. I even tried it using no compression, but it made no difference. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!