Ad Victoriam! Troubleshooting help.

sinlessorrow

Wondering if anyone can help me out with a couple of bugs I just cannot get rid of in my mod Ad Victoriam!

Both appear during the final mission Ad Victoriam! Where you lead the assault on the institute.

First issue is Gavil begins the trek with his basic BLR-4 that I made for BoS soldiers, however once you get past bunker hill he randomly equips a minigun. Now this shouldn't be possible as all instances of that gun were purged from BoS LL and LLI, etc. Yet somehow he still pulls a minigun.

Second issue is once you reach the CIT building there is one random BoS power armor soldier running around with a knife....again, that shouldn't be possible.

Is anyone well versed in the CK...moreso than myself able to give it a look over and see why these two soldiers aren't working right?

There is an eplanation for the behavior of this units:

They have a) default fallback inventory, and yes that can be removed, but it has to be made one by one, and not by the faction list.

b) thats a triggered event, and maybe bethesda gives gavil his minigun back, because they wanted to have him one at this point. So its script-spawned, and there is no way to prevent it from doing so, but to change the mission-scripts (which could leave you with a broken quest) The Question here would be, whats he wearing after the mission?

The knife is also explainable: Every unit has some kind of melee-weapon. If something happens to the ranged weapon (broken, lost, stolen, out of ammo) they fall back to the knife/baton/axe/hammer....

So something ist wrong with your soldiers rifle. Maybe the knife is better compared to the rifle (legendary killer-knife of heavy doomsday elite glowing deathclaw one hit killer) and he chooses to use that instead of the pling-pling-toy rifle.

And yes, the pick up abandoned weapons from ground/containers, if availlable.