Hello there

BhataktiAtma

I've been lurking around these sites for about a year and I finally decided to say hello. I am a casual gamer among other things, and I love RPGs although I do play games of other genres as well. I own a PC, a Wii and a PSP. My first Elder Scrolls game was Oblivion which I liked so much that I played that game & finished it while having an avg FPS of ~14. I enjoyed it thoroughly and played Morrowind after that, which completely BLEW my mind. It still does to this day when I think about it and it's one of the best games that I have ever played . And I played them both without a single mod. I hope I get the time to play them with mods, but that seems unlikely to happen in the near future due to the awesome games that keep coming.

My first encounter with the Nexus was when I was looking for mods for Fallout New Vegas. I loved it :woot: So much content, nobody who comes here can say that he/she didn't find what he/she was looking for, and that too of impressive quality, and a thriving and creative community which keeps growing, a wonderful place overall. :thumbsup: to the modders out there creating mods, :thumbsup: to the community and also :thumbsup: to the administration of this website.

I am an introvert and a socially awkward penguin :psyduck: Makes it ridiculously hard to communicate IRL and on the internet too, but to a lesser extent. I have varied interests. I have no religious affiliation, and I am open to peaceful debate on the issue. However, my lack of articulation skill proves to be a constant hindrance and I cannot express myself properly :wallbash: . Also I don't know when to stop, just like this post, which has gone on too long :facepalm: See you around the Nexus people.

You had such a great introduction I couldn't help but stop by and say hello.

So hello and welcome. You and I have similiar backgrounds. I too have lurked the forums for around six months, and over time I realized I'm spending more and more time on this site so I said what the heck and made an account a few weeks back. I have, like you originally come to this site to check out the New Vegas mods I have been hearing so many rumours about, and discovered so much more.

I, like you also, have only played bethesda games vinilla on my PS3, but I plan on changing that in (hopefully) the near future. I have not played Morrowind though. I have only really played Oblivion and Fallout NV with a bit of Fallout 3 on the side.

I can't wait to download some new lands though. I was somewhat dissapointed with all the DLC packs for New Vegas except Old World Blues. Coming from Oblivion, I was also dissapointed with the size of New Vegasʻ world. Even if there is more meat on it and I prefer sci fi over fantasy it feels like a third of the size compared to Oblivion and its dlc.

Anyways nice to meet ya and I'll hopefully see you around the forums!

Very nice introduction. Hello and welcome to the Nexus! :thumbsup:

It sounds like you must like Fallout: New Vegas! I, myself is also a Fallout fan, albeit not a very big one. I also see that you're a Oblivion fan as well, and a Morrowind one :P You didn't mention playing Skyrim so I'm guessing that you have no interest in it? Anyway, I hope you enjoy your visit here to the Nexus! :biggrin:

Thanks for the compliments on the Intro! :)

I think the Fallout series is awesome. Fallout 2 was my first Fallout game, and I enjoyed it immensely. The retro-futuristic, post-apocalyptic setting was my favorite aspect and it was very immersive for me. One of my fantasies is to roam a post-apocalyptic wasteland, looting supermarkets, finding weapons and exploring ruins while popping the heads of raiders and fiends from afar with a salvaged sniper rifle. Although I think I'd die soon, the prospect still appeals to me. A Zombie apocaplypse is more preferrable though. Anyways... Fallout 3 was awesome too, but at the time, I didn't enjoy it much. However, I had a blast with Fallout New Vegas, especially with mods. I didn't play any of the DLCs for Fallout 3 but did finish all the DLCs of New Vegas with the exception of Lonesome Road. :mellow: I was disappointed with the lack of content but did enjoy various aspects of the DLCs.

I love the Elder Scrolls series more than Fallout however. Morrowind is my favorite followed by Skyrim, then Oblivion. BTW, I am playing Skyrim, wonder why I didn't mention it though...I think it's great. Whatever flaws it has are compensated by it's strengths and MODS :D

Regarding DLCs, I think Shivering Isles was nice, although the content was so-so. It had mainly "Go fetch boy" quests which was a major disappointment :down: , however the environment (for me) compensated for that. Knights of the Nine was...OK. Not bad, not that good either. I found the extra content fun, that's all. A bit more lore, which, for me, is an interest. I never got to play the DLCs for Morrowind, which is a regret. I will play them someday though. And I'll also play Daggerfall.

Nice to meet you, and see you guys around on the forums :)

I never got to play the DLCs for Morrowind, which is a regret. I will play them someday though. And I'll also play Daggerfall.

Morrowind doesn't have 'downloadable content' :P

It's a shame you never got to play the expansions for Morrowind, Tribunal was my favourite but Bloodmoon was nice. My first Fallout game was Fallout 3, unfortunately. After playing that, I tried to get into the originals but I was just so used to Fallout 3 :facepalm: Also I never had a chance to play the Fallout games with mods which was something I really hate. And about New Vegas, I loved it. Honestly, I still get spooked out by that game's creatures (Scorpions :pinch: ) I sort of adore the feeling of how you can get ambushed anytime, any place by a scorpion or a ant :sick:

Anyway, it's good to see that you like Skyrim as well. I currently have it on 360, a thing I totally regret. At first I thought my PC wouldn't run the game properly. But now, I see people with crappy PCs like mine running Skyrim at a playable frame rate. And I see that you're going to play Daggerfall. OMG, I got all sweaty by hearing one of those Skeleton enemy screams, first time I heard "VEEEENGEEEEAAAANCE!" I nearly *censored* myself. After that, I decided to keep Daggerfall and play it when I'm ready to conquer my fears of Daggerfall.

Other than Fallout or The Elder Scrolls, is there anything you like to play? (I like to play Mass Effect, Halo :P, Borderlands, Gears and more)

I never got to play the DLCs for Morrowind, which is a regret. I will play them someday though. And I'll also play Daggerfall.

Morrowind doesn't have 'downloadable content' :P

Sorry, my bad :P I totally forgot!

My last New Vegas playthrough, I was pummelled by the legion. I killed Vulpes in Nipton and the Legion repeatedly kept sending a group of 4 troops to wipe me out. Till I got to a relatively high level, they kept kicking my ass every other day. Mods made the game a lot easier though.

I don't know if I'll be able to play Daggerfall. It's around 15 years old, so it'll be a bit difficult to adjust, to say the least. Of course, I played FFVII without any problems, so maybe I can play this as well...

Here are some of my favorite games:

Final Fantasy Series ( I've played FF II, FF IV, FF V, FF VI, FF VII, FF Mystic Quest :P, and currently trying out FF IV for PSP)

Deus Ex ( Yet to play Human Revolution but played and loved Deus Ex 1)

Arkham Asylum

Bordelands

GTA Series

Age Of Mythology

Assassins Creed II

Assassins Creed Brotherhood

Burnout Paradise

Chrono Trigger

Far Cry

Neighbors From Hell

Neighbors From Hell 2

Plants vs Zombies

Resistance Retribution

Risen

Sid Meier's Pirates

StarCraft

StarCraft II

StarCraft: Brood War

Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

Tales Of Phantasia

Trine 2

Warcraft III

Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne

Wolfenstein (New one)

I played Mass Effect and I think it's a decent game, however I think it is severly overhyped. The graphics, the story and voice acting were fine, but I didn't like the rest. I though it was an "Interactive Novel". Halo was okay, I didn't know how "infamous" Halo was when I played it :P. I've played Gears of War 1 only, it was good.

Nice list! Mass Effect does live up to the hype but Bioware promised a perfect ending, choices will effect it, all that nonsense. Unfortunately we ended up with a 'no sense of closure' ending (trying not to spoil), it seriously screws up the ME universe.

I think this might improve Daggerfall graphics a bit, it's called XLEngine and it attempts to remake old games on a new engine, suited for modern computers. I have tried it, but only in the first dungeon :P. I think it's okay. Summary:

The XL Engine is an engine that runs the “XL Games”, which are enhanced remakes/ports* of the classic games. Essentially they are remakes in the spirit of a port, or to put it another way, they emulate the original games and then provide optional enhanced features on top in order to improve playability and visuals. All these games will be able to use the “Pure Renderer”, which is a software renderer that can support the original 8 bit rendering and resolutions. Basically this means that you can play the games as they original looked and played or play in higher resolutions and color depths with a variety of enhancements. You choose how close to the original you want the games to be. More information found here.

You said you got pummeled by the Legion, I got attacked by the Legion probably only once, when I was searching for NCR Ranger Armor (that armor on the front cover) I can't remember well, but I totally pwned them. And you had mods? Oh man, I never had the chance (like with Skyrim -.-) to mod Fallout games. All I got were 'Killable Children' mods.

I respect your opinions, EA is unfortunately making Bioware decrease the quality of the Mass Effect games. You can easily see that they released day one DLC for Mass Effect 3 JUST to make profit. Halo is gathering a little bit of dust on the shelf, haven't played it in a while.

Again, it's nice to see you on the forums. :biggrin:

To be precise, my opinion of Mass Effect is only towards Mass Effect 1. I haven't yet played Mass Effect 2 or 3 and I hope to.

Thanks for letting me know about XL engine :thumbsup: . This seems really awesome & interesting and I might be able to play other games I've wanted to as well..

The Legion was problematic at low levels basically and because I didn't have a follower. Once I got Boone however... :devil:

EA is...EA. I can't say anything else :P