FCOM and More (New textures too)

Blackwood550

Ok. So I'm re-configuring/modding Oblivion after playing it stock for the first time in several years. I'm interested in making the game not only more up-to-date, but more realistic (and keeping the game stable in the process). I stumbled upon an FCOM Superpack, however, I'm reading that it has out of date mods. I'm also reading that, although easy, it dumps in a lot and doesn't leave a lot of room for customization...and I love customization. I know what I'd like to run along FCOM: Better Cities, Unique Landscapes, and a few more mods (I'll add a mod list later on). I do like some of the mods that the superpack held, but not all of them. I also want to tack on some minor mods as well.

I found a few things while viewing Zaric Zhakaron's video (Is linking allowed? I get TOSes confused at times). I also found a video by Bevilex to follow. If need be I can post specs for my computer.

Suggestions and thoughts are welcome. Thanks.

just one thing. You have to choose:

Going fcom and UL

FCOM and BC

but you have to exclude the third.

Is there any particular reason the FCOM, BC and UL wouldn't talk to each other, even with patches?

I'm curious. Back in the early 2010s BC and UL Got along, i think.

The Base mod list I'm considering

• FCOM
  • Better Cites
  • Unique Landscapes
  • Basic Primary Needs (And it's addons as desired or the equivilent. Whatever is more recent)
  • Qarl's Texture Pack (Does this still exist)
  • DarN (Or is it DarnNified UI?)
  • Kvatch Rebuilt
  • All Unofficial Patches
  • Let there be darkness (I'm looking for dark dungeons to be dark, you know, imporove immersion
  • COBL
  • Inventory is a backpack.

I think these may help

BOSS v1.52

OBGE v0.1

OBMM v1.1.12.0

OBSE v0018

TweakOblivion v5.10

Wrye Bash v2.84 RC1

Wrye Python v0.2

Optimization:

Fast Exit v2

Oblivion Stutter Remover v4.1 (75 max fps)

Operation Optimization v1.1.1

Streamline v3.1 Beta + Patch

There is a list of mods used by that pack. I've removed the link as to not annoy people at this site.

Edited by Blackwood550

Yes, you are generally allowed to link to videos on YouTube. You can even embed them in your posts here so a player shows up instead of a link.

However, I would advise against linking to this FCOM Superpack you're talking of and that the video's linking to. It will only annoy and offend a large number of authors who happen to still be reading here.

Just keep in mind that if you cannot post something here because of the ToS, you also shouldn't link to it instead.

Yes, you are generally allowed to link to videos on YouTube. You can even embed them in your posts here so a player shows up instead of a link.

However, I would advise against linking to this FCOM Superpack you're talking of and that the video's linking to. It will only annoy and offend a large number of authors who happen to still be reading here.

Just keep in mind that if you cannot post something here because the ToS, you also shouldn't link to it instead.

Thanks for that. I posted a link somewhere (on another site) but it got removed because you can't post vendor links. I'm just playing it safe for now. I removed the FCOM link for now.

I have concluded that it will be in my best interests to download what I desire, and test everything. :smile: Feedback is still welcome. I'm also opening this topic for what other recommendations you have for this year's mods :)

Edited by Blackwood550