File of the Month - Non-adult

slayerxx

Trying to figure out what issue this thread is identifying or attempting to resolve.

What is the concern or issue with adult mods, or if adult mods are included in the FOTM?

Has this caused some insurmountable problem?

Has it crashed the site or someone’s game?

Has it created a situation that prevents world peace from being realized?

Exactly what is the issue, problem or concern and how is it effecting anything, anywhere?

I find it somewhat confusing that one would buy a game marked as “ADULT” content and then raise an issue because adult content is present on a site dedicated to modding the game.

What was the expectation? That no one would create and offer mods with adult content for an adult game?

I really do not understand what the specific issue is.

My idea?

Posts creating issues out of non-issues should be immediately locked by the moderators to avoid the trolling and flame-baiting that generally results.

there's a top 100 (non adult) for a reason.

I'm strongly against censorship, but i believe allowing adult content to be mixed in with the other rankings is bad, for the following reasons:

1. Sex sells. It's really the only basic human need that can carry across into virtual worlds. In the real world, people need to eat, drink, sleep, be warm, and f***. But sexual gratification is the only one of those that can be represented virtually, so any mod featuring it gets an unfair natural bias, that pretty much drowns out all other mods.

2. Sex sells repeatedly. Everyone is different, and has slightly different preferences, fetishes, favourite outfits, etc. It would be fine if there was one standard nude bodies mod, one standard sex mod, etc. But because of the differences in human opinion, people tend to make hundreds of mods on the topic of sex, all of them extremely similar. a vagina is a vagina any way you look at it, yet we seem to need 200 mods showing slightly different ones. The sheer variety of sex mods, compounded with the above factors, mean that for any decent modding community to function, there needs to be some distinction between sex mods, and everything else.

That said, i do still hate censorship. I'm personally against the need to sign in and manually opt-in to see adult mods. But i guess the site's administrators do that for legal protection, we live in a messed up world. I'm in favour of segregation of adult mods, not because i think sex is evil, but because i get plenty of sex irl, and because i already downloaded my nude mods and i don't care about anymore of them. A slightly different nude skin isn't bringing anything new to the table.

I agree on all the points. I do like seeing a variety of body mods--male and female--and I too am perfectly happy with what I'm getting and how often. :D I do however like seeing variations in size and shape. I think it's great when modders not only include bigger boobs, but bigger butts, too. I like looking at all bodies, be they more conventionally beautiful or out of the norm. There's a body mod to make your female character chubby and curvy. I love it. I've also come to appreciate BBB whereas before I sneered at it. when I feel like playing someone small and slender, I like BAB. I like how Robert's body for males has all shapes and sizes of male bodies, from male model slender to a more Homer Simpson-ish physique. Some body mods I just don't get, such as the futanari mods, but I won't censor them. Same with sex mods. I don't always understand some of them, and some of them can be a bit disturbing, but I won't hate on them.

Kind of rambly, but I like differing body mods because I get an idea of what I might like to roleplay (former busty bar wench turned adventuress, courtesan in prison for the alleged murder of her client, strong and sturdy girl/boy next door, chubby but strong adventurer, waiflike elf out to avenge the murder of loved ones...) and it takes a game I've played over 9000 times and makes it new, even if only in my mind.

I personally use body mods that allow 'never nude' because I do want my women to look more womanly but I don't want to see their...assets when I loot their bodies. I am a fan of mods that use adult themes tastefully such as body mods but however I am not a fan of animated prostitution and other sex mods.

Even in the case of animated prostitution, adult-content mods being on the top mods would not be an issue if they would make sure that the thumbnail would say "ADULT CONTENT" instead of showing the picture if you have adult content viewing disabled. Easier than explaining to the other person in the room why J cups just showed up on your screen.

Even in the case of animated prostitution, adult-content mods being on the top mods would not be an issue if they would make sure that the thumbnail would say "ADULT CONTENT" instead of showing the picture if you have adult content viewing disabled. Easier than explaining to the other person in the room why J cups just showed up on your screen.

This seems like an excellent solution.