Tying Special Stats to perks invested in the tree

Pacmasian

I was wondering if there was a way to remove the ability to spec into special stats, replacing it with automatically granted stats for each perk taken in the special tree.

For example you would begin at 1 of each S.P.E.C.I.A.L and selecting the first rank of the first perk for Strength would move you to 2 Strength automatically. This would also open up the second perk for Strength.

Ideally, you'd be able to choose to level the second perk or re-level into the second RANK of the first perk to unlock 3 Strength and the third Strength-related perk.

Re-ordering the perk poster is easy enough compared to skyrim and I've figured that out (it's the second half of the mod I have planned), but this has me stumped.

EDIT: I'd also need to do it in a way that wouldn't alter stat increases from gear, consumables etc.

Edited by Pacmasian

I think I see a way to do this. In my overhaul, I was able to limit how many times you can invest in SPECIAL Training by adding a condition that checks an actor value on the player. Just create a custom actor value or global value that's by default 0, and edit every Training Perk to check for this actor/global value to == 1, effectively disabling using perk points to increase SPECIAL while still allowing it to render properly.

Then in the rank of the perk that you want to increase thier respective SPECIALs, add a Perk Entry with the Quest "PerkQuest" with a stage of 600-660 just like the Training Perks has, and everything should work the way you want it. You are welcome to PM me if you have more questions.

Edited by JackRob